Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 06:33 PM

6 posts, read 8,070 times

Advertisements

Hey all, my girlfriend and I are taking a road trip down to Seattle for our 1 year anniversary (we'll be there the 27th-30th) and I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion on a romantic restaurant in the Seattle area?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 PM

Also, we are both big craft beer fans. Any really good pubs/breweries(I know of Pike for sure) or stores we should for sure check out?

Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,843,896 times
Not sure what your budget is, but Ray's Boathouse is one of our favorites for special occasions. Nice romantic atmosphere and great seafood:

Ray's Boathouse, Cafe & Catering - Seattle's Premier Seafood Restaurant

We're also fond of Elliott's Oyster House and Palisade.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,075,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelinWA View Post
Not sure what your budget is, but Ray's Boathouse is one of our favorites for special occasions. Nice romantic atmosphere and great seafood:

Ray's Boathouse, Cafe & Catering - Seattle's Premier Seafood Restaurant

We're also fond of Elliott's Oyster House and Palisade.
Another advantage to Rays is there are a lot of places nearby to get craft beers in Ballard:

Urban family public house and The Nobel Fir both have a good selection. Not sure I'd recommend any of the Ballard breweries for an anniversary night as they're either hip or casual.

Also for restaurants I'd consider Bastille (french), Volterra (italian-ish) are fairly romantic. The Walrus and Carpenter is a very well rated, but less romantic seafood restaurant. We actually went there for our last anniversary.

I like Rays a lot but it's one of the closest restaurants to where I used to live, so I've eaten everything there twice. On the other hand, we obviously keep going back.

Just remembered one other good one - Picolino's is just up the hill from Rays on 32nd. Fairly large neighborhood Italian restaurant that's a bit more mature than some of the stuff on Ballard ave. They have a really professional wait staff that reminds me a bit of the service we'd get in NYC's Little Italy neighborhood. I can't say that about too many places in Seattle.

Last edited by mkarch; 12-03-2012 at 09:47 PM..

Old 12-04-2012, 08:11 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,200 times
I like Canlis (Canlis).

Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,393 times
Canlis.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Canlis! It's pretty pricey though...

Less pricey but still awesome: Ray's Boathouse. However, the value of this place is significantly diminished if you can't go on a clear day during sunset. The food is still awesome but the view is the real kicker.

Slightly more casual but right on the market and awesome food: Steelhead Diner. One of my favorites dates of all time with my fiancee was dinner at Steelhead Diner and afterward we walked down to the theater by the gum wall to watch Theater-Sports.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:09 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,783,832 times
I second and third all the recommendations so far. Particularly Ray's and Palisades.

For another one; Rview - on the 28th floor of the Marriot Renaissance on Madison & 6th Ave - has pretty amazing views no matter what the weather. Their service can occasionally be on the slow side, but the ambiance is condusive to talking and lingering, you don't feel odd dressed up or down, and the food is nice enough for a special occasion but won't break the bank.

Happy Anniversary!

Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,075,581 times
Heh, just because someone is driving in from out of town doesn't mean they have to go where the tourists go! *Cough* *Canlis*

Old 12-04-2012, 06:35 PM

Wonderful, thank you everyone for your suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area