Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:15 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,887,169 times

Advertisements

It's funny how this guy bashes Seattle because no one in NYC wanted to hire him and because no one in Seattle wants to be his friend or have fun with him. Hate-filled posts are so revealing as to the character of the person writing the post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 01:19 PM

260 posts, read 768,742 times
So if the one writing the post is divulging his/her character than 206Traveler, I am an empathetic and compassionate person and hope you are able to get to a place that makes you happy.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:23 PM

458 posts, read 958,464 times
Now now Anyone who says NYC is a cesspool hasn't lived there or spent significant time there. It is a world class amazing city but comparing Seattle and NYC is flawed. They don't even vibe the same way and have little to nothing in common...they are both wonderful places just incredibly different from one another.

OP your too young to be this unhappy!! You should go traveling....India, Sri Lanka, Senegal, Slovenia, Laos....throw a backpack on and travel for 6 months and I promise you that your perspective will radically shift!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:43 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
Kvetching online will only make it worse.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:58 PM

40 posts, read 142,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
It's funny how this guy bashes Seattle because no one in NYC wanted to hire him and because no one in Seattle wants to be his friend or have fun with him. Hate-filled posts are so revealing as to the character of the person writing the post...
It's funny how you think my total 30 posts over the last 6 months reveal my true character. It's obvious I've picked this site to air my grievances. You really think I spend the rest of my time bitching and moaning?

By the way, in that same amount of time you have 720 posts on this site. Guess which one of us probably has A LOT more friends and an actual social life.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:59 PM

603 posts, read 877,775 times
Sorry to hear about that. I'm a transient who has lived in the Seattle area for almost a decade. It took me a while to come around and like this place. I never cared much for the city and its neighborhoods, but I like the Eastside suburbs and even the Renton area a little bit.
I recently visited the Detroit and Chicago metropolitan areas, where I spent the majority of my life before moving to Seattle. They actually felt a bit boring to me. Everything is very spread out, it takes forever to get around, and they aren't very dense population-wise. There is so much un-developed land because the metros are ginormous and go on for miles and miles.

Metropolitan Seattle on the other hand has very limited land due to its mountains and rivers. So it's very dense population-wise. Everything is close-by and most areas are pretty developed. I kind of like it.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:42 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,444,112 times
Just move, man... Some cities work for some people better than others. Sometimes it's hard to predict what will work for you.

Life is too short to spend it living in a place you don't like and being miserable.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:21 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
The OP is one of those people that finds a reason to say "Well..When I lived in New York City..." 20 times a day. Bet.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:18 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
The OP hates Seattle on the Seattle thread, OP prepared to be hated, ridiculed , despised, mocked, threatened , abused and ultimately face your demise among the Seattle internet zealots..

I think you overlook many of the greatest aspects of Seattle, the people being not one of them.. There is trees, mountains, rivers, large bodies of water. I have eagles flying all over where I live and beautiful flower gardens and lush green scenery with the backdrop of jagged snow capped mountains.

How much fun and urban life do you need? Have you considered moving to a more action packed city full of night life that is not quite as astronomical in living expense as Manhattan or Brooklyn? I assume you didn't fall in love with Queens or the Bronx., which may be a bit more affordable. Let me think, how about Miami, Chicago, Wash DC??

Seattle is not a fun city with fun people.. If you are not into nature or an early to bed , early to rise kind of person who is married to your job at the company/factory, then you are a drunkard or doper who hangs out at dingy and seedy dive bars or clubs at night.

New York has lot of advantages in regards to culture, community, activities , etc.. Most of my family came from New York and being Jewish, it was like a country , in itself, to us. The fact is there is strong communities in New York that have been established for a long time.. Seattle is an area full of transplants with reserved locals who are more or less being pushed out and who have a very reserved Scandinavian culture mixed with a pioneer Western culture that is typical of the Northwest and West Coast (outside California) in general.

It's hard to explain, but in New York you can get involved with a great deal of cultural activities, people, communities, way of life that are not available in the rest of the country. New York City is like its own country, literally.

Sadly, New York is run by corrupt politicians and it is almost like living in a 2nd world country in some ways.. Also, it is so highly regulated and does not abide by the American Constitution, but rather circumvents American Consitution with its own Superior "New York State" and "New York City" Constitution. I refuse to live in a place where I cannot own firearms, buy the type of soda I want or where I am told what foods I am allowed to eat or not, all enforced by the government's discretion. I always thought that if New York state and its city-state, NYC, would do away with the insane draconian rogue government, then I may desire to move there. I could easily engage in a much better Jewish life there, but don't want to be living in Krakow 1939 again.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:33 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Life is too short to spend it being disappointed. Do you have a plan of action coming up, OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area