Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 AM

27 posts, read 86,350 times

Advertisements

I am in my 50's and want to move to Seattle. I do not have a degree, but I am educated. I have a varied history of office/admin/audit/customer service type positions. More recently, managing a dental practice making dentures.

My question is, what is the job market like in Seattle, as well as the surrounding 100 mile radius for these type positions? And, can a single person make a decent living in the area in those positions?

I am talking about positions like in a hospital, perhaps. Something in admissions. Or, treatment planning and insurance. Or, another dental office. Or, internal audit within healthcare or other large industry (I spent 12 years with an outside audit firm doing account payable audits for the grocery industry). I would really hate to work for an insurance company, but would consider that as well.

I would actually like to be within an hour or two of Seattle. Preferably, east of Seattle, in the mountains in a smaller town. But, would easily consider the areas on the Olympic Penninsula or the islands across the sound. And, I would consider the metro itself. But, I worry about the cost of living there.

And, what is a "good living" in the metro? Meaning, how much does a single person need to make to pay the rent and bills, transportation, and save a little for retirement?

Any thoughts on specific industries or companies, hospitals, positions, or anything one might think useful to help me in my search is welcome.

Any input is very appreciated.

Last edited by bloink; 07-06-2014 at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area