Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 10:36 PM

3 posts, read 7,121 times

Advertisements

I am looking at buying a house which is going to be around 10-12 minutes drive from both Auburn/Kent Station. I will be working at Amazon SLU campus and hoping that I could take the sounder train from one of these two stations. Any idea how easy is car parking at any of these 2 stations? Of course I will be looking at finding at parking spot during those peak morning hours.

The sounder train commute from Auburn/Kent station does not seem to bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 11:00 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentauburnarea View Post
I am looking at buying a house which is going to be around 10-12 minutes drive from both Auburn/Kent Station. I will be working at Amazon SLU campus and hoping that I could take the sounder train from one of these two stations. Any idea how easy is car parking at any of these 2 stations? Of course I will be looking at finding at parking spot during those peak morning hours.

The sounder train commute from Auburn/Kent station does not seem to bad.
During the peak morning hours, both the Kent and Auburn lots get pretty full. Auburn has some nearby lots that they charge for by the month, and both have shuttle buses that go to the stations from various nearby neighborhoods. I have a friend who used to take the shuttle bus from Lakeland Hills in Auburn to the Sounder station...It was an hour long commute, all told. He felt it was worth it.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:49 PM

681 posts, read 1,044,904 times
every time I've gone through Kent station, lot is full. Just don't depend on it as parking there may not be an option unless you are there pre dawn.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:42 AM

In that case, it probably would make sense to take some sort of park and ride options or a bus that would go directly to the station and then board the sounder train

Old 08-02-2017, 07:53 AM

486 posts, read 842,328 times
I lived in Maple Valley and worked right near where you are going to work.

I caught the 6:30ish Sounder train and never had a problem with parking in the Kent Station garage.

The Sounder train will get you to King Street station and then you can walk across the street and catch either a bus or the light rail to the Westlake station.

Overall, with me leaving at 6am, it was about a 75-90 minute door to door commute.

Nevertheless, it was the main reason I moved. Hated spending 3 hours a day commuting.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:14 AM

1,303 posts, read 854,381 times
I agree with Boxkicker. Commuting is hell. Kent Station garage is full by 7 a.m., other than Fridays. There is a free park and ride lot about 10 blocks away. Good for daily exercise anyway! I also live out by Maple Valley and took bus/Sounder into Seattle. Definitely eats up about 3 hours of your day. I am now retired and what I love best is NO MORE COMMUTE! If you can afford to live closer to work do it!

Old 08-02-2017, 12:21 PM

8,067 posts, read 8,358,268 times
Equidistant from the Kent or Auburn Station sounds like the Covington area. Check to see if there is a bus within walking distance to the Kent or Auburn Station, or a carpool ride. Alternatively, there are 1.1k free parking spots at the Angle Lake Light Rail Station, which will take you directly to the Westlake Station.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:05 PM

The angle lake station sounds like a viable alternative too. At least it takes directly to westlake station so I dont have to do another bus ride to Amazon. The sounder from Kent takes to king street station so a bus ride to Amazon is much needed.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:45 AM

7 posts, read 51,970 times
Did you end up buying a place? How did your commute work out?

Old 10-28-2018, 11:46 AM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
Sound Transit plans more garages at a list of stations including Auburn. It'll take a few years though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area