Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 01:19 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,050,998 times

Advertisements

Announcement:

We have at least two active threads right now dealing with conjuring up all the negatives about Seattle and listing all the reasons why one shouldn't live there.

To me, that's more than ample for those who wish to pursue their agenda and debate all the negatives about Seattle. I want to keep the discussion limited to those two threads at this time.

We seem to go through these cycles every so often when new members come into the forum and want to challenge those who espouse positive and good things about the area. There should be a balance. I'm not saying that all the good things about an area should be discussed but on the other hand, we can't have the forum saturated with threads about "why not to move to Seattle."

This is a relocation forum. The discussions should be balanced. We should be answering questions. We can also discuss the pros and cons. But when we have members coming in with an agenda specifically to bash the area and ganging up on those who might disagree, we are providing a disservice to those who legitimately want to glean information about the place they are about to move to or are considering moving to.

Personally, I left the Seattle area because I didn't like certain things. However, it is not my goal to promote nor discourage people from moving to the area. It is my desire to provide answers to the questions new members ask. That's the purpose of this forum. Yes, I have opinions on the weather, the climate, the people, the crime situation, the congestion, etc. I do not hesitate to express them. I have good things to say about the area and I have certainly have bad things to say about it too.

Again, we are doing a disservice to our membership to push an agenda. Please keep the discussion and debate pertaining to Seattle being such a despicable place to live in the two active threads currently on the board. Any additional threads started just to bash the area will be deleted.

Thank you.

--'rocco

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area