Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 03:55 PM

13 posts, read 18,645 times

Advertisements

Hi, all! I've been lurking for absolute ages and appreciate all the insights I've gained from everyone on this forum. A Seattle-native friend was giving me the skinny on the area and I feel like I had heard most of it already from reading these forums!

Next summer we are moving from Houston to Bainbridge Island. In prepping for the move, I had two questions. (I'll be honest-I actually have about 637, but I'm taking them two at a time!)

1. Can anyone recommend the better academically-based preschools on BI? I have two older preschoolers who are used to a M-F 9-3 schedule and I'm looking for something along those lines but with a scholastic focus. We like worksheets in our house. Don't hate. We like playing, too!

2. Are there any BI specific forums or parenting groups to garner more details about the place and ask more local questions? I'm not coming up with much when I google but I could be on the wrong track.

I sure do appreciate the help, and I look forward to being able to pay that help forward one day by being a resource myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 08:53 AM

436 posts, read 570,847 times
I'm also piling a couple questions on to this thread in the hopes that somebody from the island can answer them.

1. If you bought a empty lot on Bainbridge, how long did it take for septic/building permits to process so you can start construction?

2. Do they really enforce the "dog/cat permit" required for purchase on the island?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:00 AM

13 posts, read 18,645 times
Default dog permit

RunninJT, hopefully an experienced islander will find this little question thread and throw us a net! ;-)

What's the dog permit all about? I haven't read about this yet! I know here in Houston we are required to register and show proof of rabies vaccination as well as pay an annual fee for keeping a dog as a pet - is it like that?

Old 05-22-2015, 10:15 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
If you guys send me a private message, I'll connect you with a colleague on Bainbridge who can be of help.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:38 PM

436 posts, read 570,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocT View Post
RunninJT, hopefully an experienced islander will find this little question thread and throw us a net! ;-)

What's the dog permit all about? I haven't read about this yet! I know here in Houston we are required to register and show proof of rabies vaccination as well as pay an annual fee for keeping a dog as a pet - is it like that?
I imagine and like Austin it is probably largely unenforced unless there is a complaint lodged by a neighbor. I read it off the bainbridge web page a few months ago.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:10 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
DocT, were you able to reach my Bainbridge friend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area