Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 06:41 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlefun View Post
I hear a coffee date coming up? Seacove? Inkpoe? I'm ready when you are? As I said to Mr. Negative... I'm buying if your drinking!
Oh sure, I will join you for coffee.. I am great company as you can see..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He does and it's not hard to see why he's been welcomed to Seattle with open arms.
DId she mention they are in Middle Tennessee now? He must be a courageous guy.. How many middle fingers did he get until someone finally hugged him?!

There are some good people in Seattle, you just have to hack through the thicket of political correctness and liberal radicalism to get to it.. Just a week ago , me and a bartender and local bar really hit it off and seem to agree on all types of stuff. He was heavily tattooed and pierced up , but despite the difference in physical appearance (no tats, piercings) we seem to agree on almost everything. Although, the one caveat is that he grew up in Spokane, so his attitude seemed a bit more "Washington".

Once you get to North Seattle it does start to get a bit more libertarian and people lighten up a bit with the liberal radicalism and start becoming a bit more Pacific Northwestish.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:08 PM

319 posts, read 346,390 times
OP, so glad you are happy here. Sounds like a nice life you have! We like it here too. Don't know that we will stay, but there are so many great things about this area that we have really enjoyed and continue to enjoy. Sounds like Seattle is a great fit for you and your family

Old 08-11-2015, 07:09 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,079,886 times
RC - Y'know, for a couple hundred bucks you could be posting from Alaska, where I suspect you'd be embraced with open arms (as in limbs, not the second amendment kind, but those too.) Your views would be mainstream, there's even an Orthodox shul in Anchorage. Property's cheaper, no state income tax OR sales tax. Fill the freezer with moose you've shot and humpies you've snagged and you're good to go, protein wise. (Moose aren't treyf according to the mishna.) You could turn your PFD check over to the NRA after you start getting it.

Check it out - http://www.city-data.com/forum/anchorage/

Old 08-11-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardyloo View Post
RC - Y'know, for a couple hundred bucks you could be posting from Alaska, where I suspect you'd be embraced with open arms (as in limbs, not the second amendment kind, but those too.) Your views would be mainstream, there's even an Orthodox shul in Anchorage. Property's cheaper, no state income tax OR sales tax. Fill the freezer with moose you've shot and humpies you've snagged and you're good to go, protein wise. (Moose aren't treyf according to the mishna.) You could turn your PFD check over to the NRA after you start getting it.

Check it out - http://www.city-data.com/forum/anchorage/
Thanks for the suggestion Gardyloo.. And, I would have moved to Alaska a long time ago, but I just cannot take the 3 months of complete darkness and constant rain and drizzle in the summer time. I am use to summer meaning sunshine and cold and drizzly summers would not work for me, which is common in Anchorage and the Alaskan Coast.

However, I would love to spend some time in ALaska and would like to plan a moose or caribou hunt there.

Alaska is great and one of my favorite ladies, Sarah Palin is from there!

Oh crap.. Here come the pitchforks and staves!

I'm glad to know they have an Orthodox shul there, although I am not Orthodox exactly. I am sure what you are calling Orthodox is probably Chabad, so it's not exactly Orthodox membership, anyhow.

Anyway, I guess I will just have to have the next best thing, it's called Washington!! Sorry, guess you and the rest are stuck with me..

Old 08-11-2015, 07:32 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
It's always nice when somebody moves up to the Northwest from Southern California and tells a person who grew up here and lived here his whole life to move! Hey, I don't hold it against you, you are having the time of your life and live in your little bubble of Seattle. It's like an alternate reality and a world to itself. However, I'd love to see the reception you would get if you went around telling the local yocals around here to move who are not so happy with the way things are going in their major cities. Many of us remember when things were quite a bit different in Portland and Seattle. We don't appreciate outsiders invading our home and then telling us to leave. In fact, be wary of telling locals they should leave, although in Seattle it's getting harder to meet "locals", anymore. Once again, Seattle Fun, you live in Seattle. How much of the grand Pacific Northwest have you seen? Are you ready to leave this alternate universe called Seattle and see the rest of the state that feeds this city?
All I get from this is some locals would rather stay where they grew up rather than be happy. There is a whole world out there to explore. Why live in the past, focusing on things that are never going to be the same as they were? Focus on your present and future. I just don't understand why anyone would want to live somewhere that they are not happy just because they are from there.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion Gardyloo.. And, I would have moved to Alaska a long time ago, but I just cannot take the 3 months of complete darkness and constant rain and drizzle in the summer time.
Pish tosh, it's not complete darkness, and most summers have plenty of sunshine. Move to Fairbanks and you can have 90 degrees.

Yeah, it's Lubovatichers but they don't bite. Or you could go to CBS (reform but not overly so) and still be among fellow rootin' tootin' gun-totin' chavers.

Twenty or more daily flights to Seattle or Portland... er, South Vancouver. Even a branch of Nordstroms.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:21 PM

12,836 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
A gay married couple is having the time of their life living and working around Capitol Hill?? Tell me it is not so! For the rest of us non-gay, non-gay married people, we may have a little bit different of an experience to share. Obviously, if you are a rock star, or in Seattle, a gay married couple, you will obviously be the hit of the show.

SeattleFun, here's a project for you. Go around Seattle, telling people you are a Republican and married to a woman and have three kids. See how enjoyable your experience will be. Heck, just go around acting and talking like you are straight and don't talk about your gay married life, like I bet you do to everyone and have very openly discussed here.

Unlike you, some of us have to live closeted lifestyles and hide what we are, as we would be insulted and ridiculed if we decided to come out of the closet. Heck, I was wearing my Jewish kippah while shopping at the health food store in Capitol Hill and people started harassing me for wearing it and asking me if I am some fundamental religious nut, etc.. Considering the harassment I encountered, I decided to just keep my kippa off. Considering many of these people are heavily tattooed and full of piercings, you think they could be a little more respectful to somebody who looks different from what is considered "normal" or wearing clothing articles that they may not understand or respect.

Read my post on another thread, "Not Another Seattle Hate Thread", which is now locked, where I was given the middle finger for simply voicing out an opinion on political candidates at a coffeeshop in Seattle. A guy overheard my telephone conversation saying I supported a Republican and flicked me off when my back was turned. He didn't realize I would turn around quickly and saw him and decided to keep his middle finger extended to avoid looking like a complete coward. Of course, there was Bernie Sanders rally that day and all the Sanders people were wearing their pins , hats and shirts and blabbing openly about how great their candidate was and nobody would dare question or attack them. Anyhow, bigotry and polarization exist in Seattle and not everyone gets to be treated so kindly.

Basically, if you are a married gay man you are going to enjoy Seattle and people will treat you with great respect and admiration. If you are a working class blue collar Joe and perhaps, G-d Forbid vote Republican, own guns, like hunting and have a religion, you will be ostracized and treated like a piece of sub-human filth.
This is one of the worst posts I have ever read here. I really feel sorry for you. There are many people with similar views to you all across the country. Leave. May want to check out Wichita, Kansas.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardyloo View Post
Pish tosh, it's not complete darkness, and most summers have plenty of sunshine. Move to Fairbanks and you can have 90 degrees.

Yeah, it's Lubovatichers but they don't bite. Or you could go to CBS (reform but not overly so) and still be among fellow rootin' tootin' gun-totin' chavers.

Twenty or more daily flights to Seattle or Portland... er, South Vancouver. Even a branch of Nordstroms.
I will pass on Fairbanks.. -50F winters.. No Thanks. I attend a Lubavitcher synagogue and I am good friends with many Lubavitchers.. Yes, I know they don't bite, but some of them are a bit feisty, especially when arguing with them over the Shabbat table on just about everything.. I'll pass on the Reform shuls.

I think I will stay in Washington (aka Northern Oregon ). If you studied your history you will have learned that much of the Northwest use to be referred to as the "Oregon Territory".. Therefore, all Northwestern people are truly Oregonians!

BTW.. I don't know why some of the thick-headed people on this thread cannot get the fact that I don't live in freakin' Seattle!!! I don't particularly hate where I live, which is not Seattle!! My only gripe is that it is damn expensive and crowded. The Eastside is actually considerably more sane than Seattle, although just a bit boring if you are not the white collar, suburban married type with kids, etc. It's suburbia, although thanks to the tech companies and large Asian population, we have considerably better and more affordable Asian (both Chinese and Indian) food options than you have in Seattle. If it wasn't for the U-District, I'd have a hard time finding any good food to eat in that city that was under $50. And, $50 for a meal in Seattle is what people call cheap. Not an issue for a rich Californian , of course, who is cashing out! Just us backwards, gritty soot and dirt filled local yocals who shouldn't even be here anymore.

Anyway, if you people want to run me out of here you will have to do so by force and I think it may be a lot harder to get rid of me than you think.. I will put up a resistance.

I also like not having to pay state income tax and I think we in Washington state better keep it that way.. Taxing to death the state is why SeattleFun's home state of Kommieforniastan went belly up and is turning into a 3rd worldish country and was the first state in the nation to need Federal Emergency Aid to meet its budget requirements.

And, if I leave who will be there to fight the insanity of all you liberal Seattle loons, anyhow?

P.S. The title of the thread is "THE UGLY TRUTH".. People are all pissy and crying because I just exposed the real "UGLY TRUTH" about Seattle.. Sheesh, sorry, did I throw mud on your rose colored glasses?

Last edited by RotseCherut; 08-11-2015 at 08:41 PM..

Old 08-11-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Anyway, if you people want to run me out of here you will have to do so by force and I think it may be a lot harder to get rid of me than you think.. I will put up a resistance.
Not that hard. http://www.city-data.com/forum/omaha...-data-com.html

Old 08-11-2015, 08:50 PM

12,836 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
A gay married couple is having the time of their life living and working around Capitol Hill?? Tell me it is not so! For the rest of us non-gay, non-gay married people, we may have a little bit different of an experience to share. Obviously, if you are a rock star, or in Seattle, a gay married couple, you will obviously be the hit of the show.

SeattleFun, here's a project for you. Go around Seattle, telling people you are a Republican and married to a woman and have three kids. See how enjoyable your experience will be. Heck, just go around acting and talking like you are straight and don't talk about your gay married life, like I bet you do to everyone and have very openly discussed here.

Unlike you, some of us have to live closeted lifestyles and hide what we are, as we would be insulted and ridiculed if we decided to come out of the closet. Heck, I was wearing my Jewish kippah while shopping at the health food store in Capitol Hill and people started harassing me for wearing it and asking me if I am some fundamental religious nut, etc.. Considering the harassment I encountered, I decided to just keep my kippa off. Considering many of these people are heavily tattooed and full of piercings, you think they could be a little more respectful to somebody who looks different from what is considered "normal" or wearing clothing articles that they may not understand or respect.

Read my post on another thread, "Not Another Seattle Hate Thread", which is now locked, where I was given the middle finger for simply voicing out an opinion on political candidates at a coffeeshop in Seattle. A guy overheard my telephone conversation saying I supported a Republican and flicked me off when my back was turned. He didn't realize I would turn around quickly and saw him and decided to keep his middle finger extended to avoid looking like a complete coward. Of course, there was Bernie Sanders rally that day and all the Sanders people were wearing their pins , hats and shirts and blabbing openly about how great their candidate was and nobody would dare question or attack them. Anyhow, bigotry and polarization exist in Seattle and not everyone gets to be treated so kindly.

Basically, if you are a married gay man you are going to enjoy Seattle and people will treat you with great respect and admiration. If you are a working class blue collar Joe and perhaps, G-d Forbid vote Republican, own guns, like hunting and have a religion, you will be ostracized and treated like a piece of sub-human filth.

I mean this whiny diatribe sounds like it came from the mouth of a "bleeding heart liberal."

Also, I am libertarian, but list the great cities of this country. The ones we all (including you) clamor to be in one way or another: Miami, NYC, Boston, DC, Seattle, Portland, LA, Chicago, San Francisco, Austin. All slant to the left, pretty heavily actually. Coincidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area