Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 07:46 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times

Advertisements

Half-price Seahawks hats, yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 11:37 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
Yeah, I will root for CAR next week. They deserve it.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:37 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
This whole thing about the open letter to Cam from a Seahawks fan about Cam throwing a "12" flag to the ground has become social media fodder. The Panther faithful have bashed this woman for her comments, and that was to be expected. I personally do not agree with her. She doesn't understand the NFL, and she probably doesn't understand the Hawks are just as guilty for taunting as Cam was. Lessons to be learned, it is a rough sport.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:48 AM

283 posts, read 260,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
That first half stunk. What cracks me up are these airhead Cardinal's fans getting all up in Seattle's face laughing at us. Right.

Have fun against CAR next week. Since luck won't be able ta help you much.
They're all going to lose to the Pats anyway...

Old 01-21-2016, 12:07 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I find it interesting that many comments on social media are: "Great job", "We Still Love You", and "Wait till next year". OK, I get it, it is not cool to be a fair weather fan. However, in a 2nd round playoff game, you can't show up and perform like the Hawks did today in the first half. Just a purely bad performance on both sides of the ball. Yes, a hearty comeback, but if they had not put themselves in such a hole, that 2nd half would have put us into the NFC championship game three years straight. I will always be a fan, but to not criticize is denying reality.
pnwguy2, I like how you wrote this post about your observations of social media. I also agree with you about a bad performance on both sides of the ball. I would have enjoyed seeing the Seahawks win but it didn't happen. I have lots of questions, not just for the team, but the coaches too. I don't understand many of their decisions the first half.

I guess I see more possibilities with others than your final sentence suggests you do. Criticism of the team is one way to respond, but it doesn't work for everyone. Others, at least to me, aren't denying reality if they don't criticize. Those people have possibly found different ways to deal with their disappointment and other feelings that are healthier for them.

We are all different in how we've arrived where we are currently. Different situations refine various skills in a workplace or at home. Perhaps some people can't handle anger, or have learned to utilize other tools and techniques daily as they don't want anger in their lIves. Or some like to present possible solutions etc. Just like different athletes respond differently to various coaching techniques coaches use, sometimes there is a good fit with a coach and certain athletes and sometimes there isn't.

Certainly you are entitled to your opinion. If people are denying reality, there is a good reason how come they need denial in their lives. I know you are a smart guy. Please, just think about the fact four quarters (coins) and a one dollar bill are worth exactly the same amount. I'm writing this from a good place. I'm not criticizing you, please do not interpret what I've written to get that message.

MSR

P.S. The 2016-17 season is a week closer than it was a week ago

Old 01-21-2016, 12:33 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
That first half stunk. What cracks me up are these airhead Cardinal's fans getting all up in Seattle's face laughing at us. Right.

Have fun against CAR next week. Since luck won't be able ta help you much.
Hey elkotronics, You're getting close to your first 1,800 reps and your first golden star. I'll try to rep you again.

Fans are interesting. I've read what some Hawks and U. Washington fans have written which has been less than fair or kind to others. Lots of questions go through my mind reading cretain comments. Do you know the saying about

A Glasgow of 3, ____ __ _ ____? Better not complete that here for the obvious reasons. If you don't know that saying, let me know and I'll send a PM.

Do you post comments to these people? Think of their self esteem that they can write sometimes really destructive comments on various boards. I am concerned we have a generation who forgot a real person is typing responses. I'm not sure all of these posters could have a four minute conversation actually talking with a real human. I'm glad if you really can laugh and dismiss their comments.

So who is your pick to win when Coldplay seranades them?

Any thoughts about who will be part of the running game next year? How much will get changed, or not, except part of the O line?

Good teams find ways to win year after year. Football is harder to see the mental toughness than the NBA. I hope the Hawks get what they need in the off season.

MSR

Old 01-21-2016, 06:01 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
PM me on that one, I'm not following you.

Looks as if Russell Okung and J.R.Sweezy are free agents, so we could lose either one of them. I think Beast Mode will not be re-signed and that will work out all right because of the development of Thomas Rawls. He ran well for so long this year that I think he'll be our main running back for a while. Michael is fine for the second running back.

As for Sunday's AFC/NFC Finals, I think that CAR and NE will be victorious and matchup in Super Bowl 50. It's been a great year, the Hawk's don't give up, I'll say that. They are fun to watch. They really need to work on the offensive line a lot. I think they'll focus on it, fix the problems and come back strong next year. I love my Seahawk's, I am a hard-core Seahawk's fan since 1976. Nothing I saw this year diminishes my love for this team, only solidifies it even stronger.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:08 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I haven't been to this thread in a while. I'm still kind of depressed about the Seahawks losing to Carolina. To add insult to injury, Carolina is in the Super Bowl.

The Seahawks nearly pulled of a miracle. One more touchdown and it would have gone into overtime.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:21 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
I haven't been to this thread in a while. I'm still kind of depressed about the Seahawks losing to Carolina. To add insult to injury, Carolina is in the Super Bowl.

The Seahawks nearly pulled of a miracle. One more touchdown and it would have gone into overtime.

I hear you, green_mariner. It is so frustrating - and it follows the horribly frustrating intercepted pass at the very end of Super Bowl 49 that sealed the victory for the Pats. This was supposed ta be our chance to redeem ourselves and come on strong this year, get to the Super Bowl and reclaim the Lombardi Trophy. Ah well.

There's always next year. We did learn a lot, though, about how tough the Seahawk's are. To come back that strong against CAR and come within 7 points of tying them, compared to AZ getting absolutely blown outta the water proves this quite succinctly: Seattle and Carolina are your two teams ta beat in the NFC. Green Bay is a distant 4th after AZ and, who knows, maybe NO will regain momentum, Brees will shine, and the Saints will be back in the top 4 finalists in the NFC.

Been a fun year, my wife and I are calling DirecTV today to get plugged in again - we've been on a DirecTV vacation from programming, but are in a contract for some 8 more months. Plus, I'm gonna splurge and get Sunday Ticket for 2016, too. So we'll renew for another year after that 8 months. Wow - we haven't had Nat.Geo, Animal Planet, Discovery, CNN, the local channels, etc., for about a year now.

I must say I miss our DirecTV - self-inflating monthly fees and totals...and...all.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:30 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:

I hear you, green_mariner. It is so frustrating - and it follows the horribly frustrating intercepted pass at the very end of Super Bowl 49 that sealed the victory for the Pats. This was supposed ta be our chance to redeem ourselves and come on strong this year, get to the Super Bowl and reclaim the Lombardi Trophy. Ah well.

There's always next year. We did learn a lot, though, about how tough the Seahawk's are. To come back that strong against CAR and come within 7 points of tying them, compared to AZ getting absolutely blown outta the water proves this quite succinctly: Seattle and Carolina are your two teams ta beat in the NFC. Green Bay is a distant 4th after AZ and, who knows, maybe NO will regain momentum, Brees will shine, and the Saints will be back in the top 4 finalists in the NFC.

Been a fun year, my wife and I are calling DirecTV today to get plugged in again - we've been on a DirecTV vacation from programming, but are in a contract for some 8 more months. Plus, I'm gonna splurge and get Sunday Ticket for 2016, too. So we'll renew for another year after that 8 months. Wow - we haven't had Nat.Geo, Animal Planet, Discovery, CNN, the local channels, etc., for about a year now.

I must say I miss our DirecTV - self-inflating monthly fees and totals...and...all.
I watched SB 49. That was a heartbreak. I had to pull out the moscato after that game. I thought to myself "maybe the Mariners will make the playoffs ". Well, we know how that went.

I live in the Atlanta area, for now. I watched the game in a sports bar full of Panthers fans. I remember being dumbfounded about why so many Panthers fans were there.

After the Seahawks lost, I basically left. I couldn't stay. Humiliated and full of rage. I thought "the Mariners better make the playoffs ".

The season has pretty much ended for me. I don't know if I will watch SB 50 or not.

I don't have satellite or cable. I watched the games at sports bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area