Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 05:53 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,870,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersPanthers View Post
The weather is beautiful in the summer. All 3 months of it. After that....welcome rain and overcast skies.

There is a reason the official start of summer here is July 4th. Until that date, the weather can still be rainy.
June is not terribly rainy, but it does tend to be overcast, or as they say in California, "The June Gloom", a feature up and down the west coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 05:55 PM

346 posts, read 730,497 times
"Seattlewomenaretherworst", you wouldn't happen to be a fan of that Roosh V guy, would you? lol!
I'm not from Seattle. In fact, as some have seen, I'm considering it as a choice for a move. But a couple of things I've noticed.
- Summer seems to start mid July and end mid october. As someone said "like clockwork" (on both ends).
- After reading these various forums, the women complaining about dating, and the guys saying "all women here suck" etc., appears to be in every single city. I've asked before, which city is best for women to meet a nice guy, but apparently, it's exactly the same in every big city ("Dating here is awful!"). Same with answers about traffic as well.
So my answer of what to expect (speaking as a frequent visitor): later summers and lots of hills. Other than that, it's the same as anywhere else.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:11 PM

850 posts, read 796,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersPanthers View Post
The weather is beautiful in the summer. All 3 months of it. After that....welcome rain and overcast skies.

There is a reason the official start of summer here is July 4th. Until that date, the weather can still be rainy.
Is it really that bad, thats probably why seattle has a reputation for introverted people.

Do you think seattle is worth it for a good job offer?

Old 02-10-2016, 08:37 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,870,959 times
It can be bad, depending on what your needs are. I, personally don't mind cloudy weather, as it is kind of like a nice warm blanket. However, some on sites like this tend to exaggerate the gloom. Even in winter, Seattle breaks out into brilliant sunshine (albeit usually combined with colder temps), but it is worth it to see snow-capped mountains to the west and east, and of course Mt. Rainier to the Southeast, with sparkling blue waters surrounding the city.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:06 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlewomenaretheworst View Post
Seattle women are the worst. They want "equality" and then expect men to dutifully court and pursue them like it's 1950. The women then turn around and talk about how men are sexist, and how men need to get with the times.

The women are feminist when convenient, and "conservative" when convenient (when it benefits them). They have standards which explain why then end up fifty and alone. They blame the men even though they statistically have more choice than in any other city in the country.

The women want to have their cake and eat it too. They see no irony in their demands for equality while expecting chivalry and male gender roles. Gender roles are bad, except when they convenience women. Then men are required to keep with tradition and it is a moral fault of the men for not "doing their duty." The women aren't very good people. If you ever wanted to see what "equality" is like in practice, it's not very equal.
Ooh, I'm cut to the quick. In fact, I think I feel a little prick there. Ooh, ouchie!

I'm originally from NY and also am proud to be a Seattle woman. Your post reads like sour grapes. BWAHAHAHA!

/prances off to stuff self with cake and whine for some doors to be opened so that manicure won't be wuined.../

Old 02-10-2016, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
Ooh, I'm cut to the quick. In fact, I think I feel a little prick there. Ooh, ouchie!

I'm originally from NY and also am proud to be a Seattle woman. Your post reads like sour grapes. BWAHAHAHA!

/prances off to stuff self with cake and whine for some doors to be opened so that manicure won't be wuined.../
You're proving the point. Enjoy your antidepressant and xanax cocktail at 50 with your pets.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:50 AM

678 posts, read 875,513 times
Quote:
You're proving the point. Enjoy your antidepressant and xanax cocktail at 50 with your pets.
Enjoy your lack of friends and virgin life

Old 02-11-2016, 08:54 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,601 times
Quote:

Nah. I pretty much have the same thoughts you probably would if you were to see a posted wholesale condemnation of all males in a given city. (Or was that King County, too?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area