Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 12:25 PM

8,173 posts, read 8,312,713 times

Advertisements

Finance, 2 things I can think of:

-Do you make your conservative political beliefs (or could women read between the lines) known on your profile? For many women of this area, that would be a non-starter.

-Do you get out in nature (hike, ski) very often? There are many beautiful women with great attitudes out there. I know, when I was single I found those settings to be very happy hunting ground (you know, like beers in the lodge and jokes about Trump after "accidentally" sharing a chairlift and ripping some moguls together). I met my NYC born wife on a hike.

I really hope you get back to a place that makes you happy. We all deserve that. Peace bro.

Last edited by homesinseattle; 10-19-2017 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 12:52 PM

102,223 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Seattle women don't marry young. The dating culture isn't overly conservative. It's not hard to go out without driving, but it's not NYC. Fin2Tech, do you not have a car? That does tend to set male daters back, in Seattle. There are plenty of women who are eager to date, but no one is asking them. Some don't use dating apps, I can't speak for all of them. But if you're looking for babes, vs. average, but intelligent, pleasant, accomplished, well-travelled women, you will have a harder time of it than in LA or, apparently, NYC. You'll also have a harder time finding the level of sophistication that's more common in the NE, though there are pockets of it.

As I said earlier, the West Coast, with the exception of LA/SoCal, is not the East Coast. Fewer women get dolled up with makeup and fancy hair. You're more likely to meet women doing down-to-earth pursuits like outdoor activities, boating or hiking clubs, events at REI, Parks Dept. activities, concerts/university lectures/bookstore events, specialized dance groups (swing, folk, etc.), and so forth, than at nightclubs. You're right; there's not much nightlife. Instead, there's daylife, weekend life, community life. The same is true in Oregon, and to a large extent, in the Bay Area, though at least there's great music and decent nightlife there.

The West Coast is more casual than the east; it's always been that way. It's not going to change. If you can't adapt, you don't have to stay.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:26 PM

135 posts, read 164,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Finance, 2 things I can think of:

-Do you make your conservative political beliefs (or could women read between the lines) known on your profile? For many women of this area, that would be a non-starter.

-Do you get out in nature (hike, ski) very often? There are many beautiful women with great attitudes out there. I know, when I was single I found those settings to be very happy hunting ground (you know, like beers in the lodge and jokes about Trump after "accidentally" sharing a chairlift and ripping some moguls together). I met my NYC born wife on a hike.

I really hope you get back to a place that makes you happy. We all deserve that. Peace bro.
1. I don't mention my political views, on dates or on online dating profiles. So that's not the issue.

2. I like skiing but only do it like twice a year. Not at all into hiking.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying my best to move back to Chicago or NYC by summer 2018. But a new job search does take time.

Last edited by Finance2Tech; 10-19-2017 at 03:55 PM..

Old 10-21-2017, 07:31 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,621,535 times
Yep,

I have a similar background as Finance2Tech as it relates to traveling and living. Lived in many of the cities he mentioned.

I haven't been in Seattle long, but have noticed that the ladies here don't make as much eye contact as they do any other places.

I have struck up several conversations with ladies while waiting in line at the grocery store and at work. Conversations are no different than any that I have had from women in other cities.

However, when it comes to being approachable and have a general feeling of welcome, I don't sense it much from the majority of women here.

Not taking up for the men in any way. However, just making a general observation. The vibe is definitely a bit different here in Seattle than other places I have been.

No doubt in my mind that there are many single women in Seattle wishing they had a guy they could call their own.

I say to the men. If you see something you like, just go for it. Don't wait for eye contact or a smile, because chances are you may never get it.

When you do get eye contact or a smile, capitalize on it.

You can't control the behaviors of another person, but you can control how you will react.

Do whatever you have to do to assure yourself that you are doing your best.

Last edited by usamathman; 10-21-2017 at 07:40 PM..

Old 11-03-2017, 04:30 PM

361 posts, read 398,797 times
Dating here in the Seattle / Puget Sound area has not been bad for me at all. In fact, I like it here better than back in Hawaii,...in terms of online or dating app-related dating. I no longer do online dating as I am in a relationship with someone long-distance. The following are just my observation for dating in the Seattle area when I first moved here last year.

A lot of the girls here that I have met via dating apps or online dating (i.e. match.com) are plain rude and ghost out on you by not responding to my text messages after meeting me. At least have the common courtesy of telling me that they're not interested in continuing with me.

In terms of looks, a lot of the girls here are okay. However, there has been a lot of discrimination against me in the online dating world, as I'm not a white guy.

I no longer care about online dating, as I found my future lover in another country.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post
Dating here in the Seattle / Puget Sound area has not been bad for me at all. In fact, I like it here better than back in Hawaii,...in terms of online or dating app-related dating. I no longer do online dating as I am in a relationship with someone long-distance. The following are just my observation for dating in the Seattle area when I first moved here last year.

A lot of the girls here that I have met via dating apps or online dating (i.e. match.com) are plain rude and ghost out on you by not responding to my text messages after meeting me. At least have the common courtesy of telling me that they're not interested in continuing with me.

In terms of looks, a lot of the girls here are okay. However, there has been a lot of discrimination against me in the online dating world, as I'm not a white guy.

I no longer care about online dating, as I found my future lover in another country.

Yes. Ghosting and flaking are super common in Seattle while it rarely happened to me in NYC. Also, the women here are VERY provincial and not as open to Asian men.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:56 AM

305 posts, read 450,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Yep,

I have a similar background as Finance2Tech as it relates to traveling and living. Lived in many of the cities he mentioned.

I haven't been in Seattle long, but have noticed that the ladies here don't make as much eye contact as they do any other places.

I have struck up several conversations with ladies while waiting in line at the grocery store and at work. Conversations are no different than any that I have had from women in other cities.

However, when it comes to being approachable and have a general feeling of welcome, I don't sense it much from the majority of women here.

Not taking up for the men in any way. However, just making a general observation. The vibe is definitely a bit different here in Seattle than other places I have been.

No doubt in my mind that there are many single women in Seattle wishing they had a guy they could call their own.

I say to the men. If you see something you like, just go for it. Don't wait for eye contact or a smile, because chances are you may never get it.

When you do get eye contact or a smile, capitalize on it.

You can't control the behaviors of another person, but you can control how you will react.

Do whatever you have to do to assure yourself that you are doing your best.
Lived in Seattle for many years. Agree that men need to just go for it and not be intimidated by lack of engagement. However it’s kind of a catch-22, because even if you land one of these “Seattle Unicorns”, you’ll always wonder if you could find someone better in another city. So even the promising relationships start off under an umbrella of doubt, as any halfway knowledgeable dude is probably already plotting his escape.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
Lived in Seattle for many years. Agree that men need to just go for it and not be intimidated by lack of engagement. However it’s kind of a catch-22, because even if you land one of these “Seattle Unicorns”, you’ll always wonder if you could find someone better in another city. So even the promising relationships start off under an umbrella of doubt, as any halfway knowledgeable dude is probably already plotting his escape.

BINGO. You nailed it. Even when I get decent online matches here in Seattle, they fall painfully short of the girls I dated in NYC, and I get depressed again.

I cannot wait to escape the hell known as Seattle.

Old 11-07-2017, 12:07 PM

1,499 posts, read 1,675,063 times
Bingo? You're both being a bit vague so I filled it out the best I could:

Seattle dating complaint bingo!

[ ] Fails to mention how/where they were trying to get dates
[x] Doesn't acknowledge they may have faults
[x] Indications of their own social disorder
[x] Describe how good his game was in other cities
[x] Mentions "beta males" or socially inept competition
[ ] Even women he isn't interested in have turned him down
[ ] Seattle women are ugly
[x] Seattle women are superficial/wealth-obsessed
[x] Seattle women have horrible personalities
[ ] Seattlites are snobs
[x] Somehow gets "Seattle freeze" from non-natives
[ ] Mentions at least one creepy thing
[ ] Misogyny
[ ] Posting as a future warning to others
[x] Claims to have left or is leaving the city
[ ] Makes passive-aggressive complaint about passive-aggressiveness
[ ] Irrelevant complaints about weather/homeless/politics
[ ] Other:

Old 11-07-2017, 12:11 PM

737 posts, read 1,463,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Bingo? You're both being a bit vague so I filled it out the best I could:

Seattle dating complaint bingo!

[ ] Fails to mention how/where they were trying to get dates
[x] Doesn't acknowledge they may have faults
[x] Indications of their own social disorder
[x] Describe how good his game was in other cities
[x] Mentions "beta males" or socially inept competition
[ ] Even women he isn't interested in have turned him down
[ ] Seattle women are ugly
[x] Seattle women are superficial/wealth-obsessed
[x] Seattle women have horrible personalities
[ ] Seattlites are snobs
[x] Somehow gets "Seattle freeze" from non-natives
[ ] Mentions at least one creepy thing
[ ] Misogyny
[ ] Posting as a future warning to others
[x] Claims to have left or is leaving the city
[ ] Makes passive-aggressive complaint about passive-aggressiveness
[ ] Irrelevant complaints about weather/homeless/politics
[ ] Other:
End the thread please! This is AWESOME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area