Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 07:38 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

Advertisements

What the hell, make it $1,000! That would make more sense than $240 for a school zone with not one kid in sight! Let's talk REAL money!!!

In contrast, and pointing to someone who was really breaking the law, how about the moron that got stoned on PCP and decided ta use NYC sidewalks for a road! Now there's a criminal worthing of locking up. Or, eliminating altogether. Prime candidate for the death penalty, he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 04:26 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
What the hell, make it $1,000! That would make more sense than $240 for a school zone with not one kid in sight! Let's talk REAL money!!!

In contrast, and pointing to someone who was really breaking the law, how about the moron that got stoned on PCP and decided ta use NYC sidewalks for a road! Now there's a criminal worthing of locking up. Or, eliminating altogether. Prime candidate for the death penalty, he is.

I agree with you, Elko. I've been to Times Square, it's solid people 24/7, so I'm amazed that there was even more carnage than there was.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I am not talking about driving past a school BUS, the same laws apply in the U.S. I am talking about a sign that says "School Zone, 20 mph when lights flashing", and no kids or buses are out, because KIDS ARE IN CLASS, and it's nowhere near the beginning of the school day, or dismissal.
The lights were flashing too?

Old 05-24-2017, 01:44 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
I am constantly amazed that in some US states , liability insurance is an option, not a mandatory requirement.
As of 2010, only Wisconsin and New Hampshire don't require it.....and in order to eliminate the requirement in Wisconsin, one must leave a deposit with the state that is many times the cost of insurance for most people.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:58 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The lights were flashing too?

Your point is?

Old 05-28-2017, 12:45 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Your point is?
I think the point is that if the sign says AND lights flashing and the light isn't flashing because kids are in school, then you don't have to slow down to that speed.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:06 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
I think the point is that if the sign says AND lights flashing and the light isn't flashing because kids are in school, then you don't have to slow down to that speed.

Usually just reading the low speed limit signs in school zones creates a constant slow down mode in my '11 Kia Soul, lights a flashing or nabob.

Last edited by elkotronics; 05-28-2017 at 09:17 AM..

Old 05-28-2017, 07:55 PM

268 posts, read 366,645 times
It's nice how we, including Governor Inslee, all agree that the upcoming distracted driver law is an excellent idea which will hopefully be enforced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninJT View Post
We have it in Texas but it is rarely enforced. Still see people on the road everywhere I go texting or talking on the phone.
There is no state law in Texas prohibiting adults from using handheld devices. I was going to reply "You must be in Austin.", but I see that many other cities have adopted similar ordinances prohibiting use of handheld devices while driving Cell Phone Ordinances. But as you've noticed, even in Austin and a couple other of those cities, the ordinances don't seem to be enforced.

I do suspect that cell phone ordinances are stringently enforced in those smaller cities in Texas because they want and need money. I don't know how much percentage of the fine they receive, but I'm sure that will the case with small cities in Washington as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area