Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 03:48 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times

Advertisements

^^^No, I'm not. I'm obeying the law. Haven't had a ticket, or ended up in a ditch. I noticed the areas of my post that you highlighted were highly selective. For example, you completely omitted points #1 & #3. Why?

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 07-15-2017 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 07:14 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Drivers like you cause road rage, but you will never understand that.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:40 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,773,203 times
Washington drivers believe the world revolves around them so going slow in the left lane in commonplace and if you pass them then how dare you. The best is when I was following behind a biker who was using the street as their own and flipped me off as I turned behind him. Because he owns the road of course.

I've become so accustomed to getting cut off and following left lane drivers it doesn't even surprise me anymore and instead those who are courteous are pleasantly shocking! The worst drivers in the entire country, hands down.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Drivers like you cause road rage, but you will never understand that.
More like drivers like you. Stay in the city & off the back roads. I know how to drive on urban freeways, doubt you can handle a rural road, you're probably the fool in the ditch.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:26 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
For some reason Seattle drivers always get a pass when compared to the rest of the nation's drivers, though. Ya seen the comparos nationwide? Seattle scores as good and polite in that category.

Yeah, the "slow fade in front of me without using a turn signal, then slow down" I first noticed on I-5 in...wait for it...Seattle.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Washington drivers believe the world revolves around them so going slow in the left lane in commonplace and if you pass them then how dare you. The best is when I was following behind a biker who was using the street as their own and flipped me off as I turned behind him. Because he owns the road of course.

I've become so accustomed to getting cut off and following left lane drivers it doesn't even surprise me anymore and instead those who are courteous are pleasantly shocking! The worst drivers in the entire country, hands down.

Hopefully, you were not addressing me, because I do not slow-drive in the fast lane. I have this happen to me in the right hand lane, and on country roads with only one lane in each direction. I won't exceed the speed limit & I won't go in the ditch, those are the options.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:35 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
The rules on a road in which there's only one lane going each way is that once you get 5 cars bunched up behind you you have to move outta the way so they can book on by you. Invariably 2 or 3 of those cars are just pinchin' ta smash down on their accelerators and Dale Earnhardt, Sr....I...I mean Dale Earnhardt, Jr., it up. Wouldn't wanna slow drivers up on American roads now, would you? Heaven forbid.

Brings ta mind the Alabama tune "I'm in a hurry ta get things done, I rush and rush until life's no fun. All I really gotta do is live and die, but I'm in a hurry and don't know why."

Old 07-16-2017, 07:43 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Some drivers actually get insulted that someone gets in front of them. I've noticed that here also. What aggravates me is when passing these idiots they notice you passing and they all the sudden find the accelerator. Then they want to race. Unbelievable.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:04 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Tomin, I'm out there a lot. I agree with you, though I see the behavior you described mostly with young men, I'd say 25 and under.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:40 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post
Question people.

So I drove out to Yakima today to visit a friend. When driving out to Yakima, I took the I-90 freeway to drive out east.

When it was time to return home, I decided to take another route - scenic highway 12 and highway 410.

Highway410 passes through the mountain ranges via Chinook pass.

Anyhow, this highway is mainly a two-lane highway - one lane for each direction.

I have noticed that there are certain sections of the highway that have dotted yellow lines dividing the highway. There were also no "No Passing Zone" signs while I was driving up 410.

While driving home, there were two slow-poke motorcycle riders in front of me. I really had to get home before the sun set, as it seemed to take eternity to drive home. After following these two motorcyclist for 3 miles, I saw a section that had dotted yellow lines and I decided to pass them. This was a valid passing zone. While I drove past these bozos, one of them honked his horn at me like he was upset with me driving past them.

So here in Washington State, are you supposed to spend eternity following slow drivers while driving on these rural two-lane highways?

I have driven in many other states, and none of the slow drivers got offended or honked their horn at me while passing them in the opposite lane.
Just typical Washington, especially western WA, drivers. It's certainly not limited to motorcycle riders, you can expect the same behavior from people driving almost anything here but especially Prius, Camry and Subarus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area