Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 08:36 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times

Advertisements

Some thoughts about yesterday's game. Although Atlanta only went 7-9 last year (tied with the Bucs) in the NFC's South Division, they can be really tough at home. They can be. But they are not consistent, that's the thing. Russell Wilson picked them apart yesterday. Russ was 31-of-35 passing yesterday for 322 yards and a total of 4 TD's thrown. No interceptions and that adds up to a QB rating of 143.1. Wow. Just wow!

Anyone else feel extremely thankful that Seattle drafted RW out of the University of Wisconsin? Realize that Russell Wilson wants to be remembered as the greatest QB of all time. He's got quite a battle on his hands. And I say that because of Mr. Tom Brady. All of the others Russell is better than. Brett Favre, Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw, Kurt Warner, Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers (not even close, baby), etc. Name 'em all - Russell Wilson is better than them. Mr. Brady is a bunch of trouble for Russ, both for her own stats but I say this mostly because of his penchant for getting New England in to the NFL playoffs and then winning those playoff games. RW is not nearly as successful as Tom Brady that way. So, sadly, RW will probably not be classified the best of all time, nor even the best while he was active playing NFL football.

But, having said that, Russell Wilson is way, way more fun ta watch play NFL football than Tom Brady ever was. Know why? Because, when Russell Wilson is your QB, you never call a play done until the ref blows his whistle calling that play dead. He scraps till the end. Literally. And what a person sees while he quarterbacks is fully bliss in football. His long ball knocks Tom Brady's right out of the water. I think that if a person really puts their thinking cap on, Russell Wilson is the greatest QB of all time in the NFL. Know why? Because New England cheats. No, I mean, their Coach is barely even human. I can't think of a more annoying NFL franchise than New England. When you're not surrounded by the New England mystique for winning NFL games, it affects your whole team. It's not Russell's fault, in fact, if hard pressed I couldn't find anything to fault Russell for. Is he perfect? No. Does he make mistakes? Yes he does. You think the rookies aren't excited playing on the Seahawk's with a QB like Russell Wilson? Don't kid yourself. Of course they're excited. Keep it up, Hawks.

Does he want to win NFL football games just as bad as Gary Payton wanted to win Seattle Sonic NBA games? Why yes, he does want to win NFL games as much as Gary Payton wanted to win NBA games. Gary Payton is the finest guard ever to ever play NBA basketball. Know why? Because no one, and I repeat no one, played harder NBA ball, on both sides of the ball, than Gary Payton did. No one. And he was just as good on defense as he was on offense. Yes, I mean Gary Payton was better than Michael Jordan. Put that in your Pacific NW Sasquatch pipe and smoke it.

SEA 38 ATL 25.

Seahawk's season record: 1-0

Go Hawk's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 09:55 AM

3,695 posts, read 2,415,682 times
^ Agree with your post and in particular, RW being much more interesting and fun to watch that Brady.

I'm looking for forward to tomorrow's game.

Old 09-19-2020, 11:02 AM

^ Agree with your post and in particular, RW being much more interesting and fun to watch that Brady.

I'm looking for forward to tomorrow's game.

You and me both, bro. This game is going to test Seattle's mettle more than Atlanta's team did. I saw effort from Seattle on both sides of the ball, and, ever since I watched the Seahawk's first exhibition football game in the summer of 1976, I have loved seeing the effort of the Seahawk's. You could say I'm a lifelong Seattle Seahawk's fan. And being a fan of the Hawks doesn't stop if you move down to the southwest desert of New Mexico, either. I literally can't wait for this one against New England. Lots of new players on the Hawks, too many to mention right now. I've discussed many of them already in this thread. I'm excited to see them play.

Game 2 2020 season

New England at Seattle

Sunday, September 20, 2020 CenturyLink Field Seattle

5:20PM

Last edited by elkotronics; 09-19-2020 at 12:26 PM..

Old 09-20-2020, 06:15 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Thank goodness the air got a good scrub. Now there are no excuses.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:36 AM

The Clink looked beautiful even when empty last night. The Seahawks looked even better. Whoooo-hoooooo Seahawks! Their 'D' came up big at the end to stuff Patriots QB Cam Newton on a 4th and goal to win 35-30. Russell Wilson, the greatest QB of all time, threw 5 TD passed yesterday, all to different Seahawk receivers. One of those receivers was RB Chris Carson. Carson's catch was a dandy, too. The Seahawk's have drafted well, and they've signed guys well, as well, the past year or so. I had a feeling the team could hold up against the best in the NFL, and last night we got a Primetime chance, during Sunday Night Football, to see how they'd do against prime NFL competition.

They did well, y'all, against great east coast NFL competition. 2-0 Seahawks baby! I know it's still early in the year, but with the addition of Jamal Adams from the NY Jets, we have a guy who's all over the field creating havoc for the opposing team. Adams is thrilled ta be on a team with a chance to go the the Big Dance.

David Moore pulls it in and keeps his feet inbounds to tack another one on to Russell Wilson's great performance last night against New England

Last edited by elkotronics; 09-21-2020 at 08:09 AM..

Old 09-21-2020, 07:00 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,887,429 times
Jamal is definitely an upgrade and a great addition. But the defense in general is suspect. I think until the team makes improvements on this side of the ball they are going to cost us several losses. That said, I hope that doesn’t happen.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:11 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Wilson is playing absolutely lights out. The Dallas game should be a blast.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:29 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,887,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Wilson is playing absolutely lights out. The Dallas game should be a blast.
Agreed, Russell is at his peak. I am still concerned about the defense. Hopefully, they can plug in some good subs here with the injuries. That will make or break this team in 2020.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:31 AM

3,695 posts, read 2,415,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Jamal is definitely an upgrade and a great addition. But the defense in general is suspect. I think until the team makes improvements on this side of the ball they are going to cost us several losses. That said, I hope that doesn’t happen.
Yes, the Defense is very suspect, IMO.

We lost Blair for the season to an ACL tear and he was apparently doing great at Nickelback.

Bruce Irvin is out for the year with the same injury.

We're only 2 games in, but will the 'Hawks have to score over 30 points to win games?

Old 09-22-2020, 10:13 AM

Not all offenses are as effective as New England's is, but, one question is, is New England's offense all that good? I would say their defense is way better than their offense. We may have a run and gun on offense season, hoping our defense doesn't lose too many games for us. I know, I agree, our defense is suspect. It really hurt to lose Bruce Irvin and Marquis Blair.

John Schneider and Pete Carroll are going to have to find some talented fill-ins. I think that they've got their work cut out for them with their defense.

Nevertheless, I don't feel like doom and gloom should surface right now, though. I feel that with what they've got right now on offense and defense they can beat at least 2/3's of the teams in the NFL.

Go Hawks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area