Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2020, 09:28 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times

Advertisements

Are the Hawks allowing Wilson to throw more because of the changes in the holding rules? Could be. But it's been fun thus far.

Oh, interesting, I didn't know there were changes made to the holding rules. But I do know that our offensive line is not getting those historic Seahawk holding calls that stopped drives in their tracks. Remember all of those obnoxious holds called on DJ Fluker?

Anyone know anything more about rules changes do chime in.

Go Hawks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 01:54 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,881,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
My revised estimate:

SEA 33
MIA 21

Whoa - the Seahawks won 31-23 and I estimated it ta be 33-21. Close but no cigar. Happy ta get our 4th win against no losses, though. Great game from David Moore today - that TD catch in the right corner of the end zone was great! Great game from Russell Wilson, of course, and a solid performance from Chris Carson. As usual.

The 'D' stepped up and bent a tad but never broke. Puna Ford stuffed runs, as did Alton Robinson, Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright, too. Game defensive ball goes to KJ Wright, but Coach Carroll might want ta give it to Shaq Griffin, who had a pick and many nice stops, too.

Whoo-hoooo Seahawks!!!

4-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You did way better than me!

Old 10-06-2020, 07:42 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,412,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Are the Hawks allowing Wilson to throw more because of the changes in the holding rules? Could be. But it's been fun thus far.

Oh, interesting, I didn't know there were changes made to the holding rules. But I do know that our offensive line is not getting those historic Seahawk holding calls that stopped drives in their tracks. Remember all of those obnoxious holds called on DJ Fluker?

Anyone know anything more about rules changes do chime in.

Go Hawks!
I'm assuming the stats on points scored shows more passing, specifically on 1 and 2nd down scores more points.

Seattle was LAST league of 32 teams in passing on first down last year.

Schotty was finally forced to figure it out - after 2 years.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:05 AM

You did way better than me!

You wanna know why I guessed that way? Two reasons: 1) Fitzpatrick - the Dolphins QB. He's great at finding open receivers and putting the ball there. He isn't as good as RW at hitting targets way down the field. RW is the best in the league at that, and, what's more, he is doing just what he set out ta do: be the best QB in the history of the NFL. Nobody does downfield like Russell Wilson.

I'm assuming the stats on points scored shows more passing, specifically on 1 and 2nd down scores more points.

Seattle was LAST league of 32 teams in passing on first down last year.

Schotty was finally forced to figure it out - after 2 years.

You got it, Returning2USA. This is what drove my son nuts for about 2 years at least. Let Russ cook - earlier in the down count. Nobody cooks like Russell Wilson. We have Homer ta throw to - we've got what seems like 10 competent NFL receivers - including Gregg Olson. The guy is coming through for 1st down catches repeatedly, and he can go to Hollister and Dissly at tight end as well. The Hawk WR's - don't even get me started. David Moore is catching balls like an all-star NFL wide receiver right now! We are stacked, locked and loaded going forward.

Lockett didn't even figure prominently in the MIA game. He didn't have to - we're loaded with receivers, dudes! And, regarding our 'D', we bend but don't break. And it seems like Alton Robinson will come up with a big stop, or Benson Mayowa, or Punta Ford will stuff the run, somebody comes up big when we need them to. But what's really nice is our defensive backfield. Shaq Griffin is playing great, he's breaking up passes and has picked a couple off in the last few games as well.

We'll eventually be getting the monster Jamal Adams back, and KJ Wright was messing up Fitzpatrick recievers left and right Sunday. Fitzpatrick called it right when he said after the game that the Seahawk defense bends but doesn't break. Perfect explanation for how the Seattle defense operates. And ya know what? Russell is so hot that Seattle can afford ta bend here and there on defense and still come out ahead in the score department at the end of the game. Ryan Neal has also picked off two passes in the last two games.

Old 10-10-2020, 04:31 PM

Sunday, October 11, 2020

CenturyLink Field

5:20PM Pacific Time

MIN @ SEA

Go Hawk's! Let's head up ta 5-0 on the year.

My son and I love to predict the scores of Hawk games, so here ya go:

SEA 31 MIN 20

Old 10-11-2020, 12:06 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Yeah, they're favored in this one. So that means it'll be a nail biter that comes down to a last minute score. As usual.

Old 10-11-2020, 09:03 AM

Yeah, they're favored in this one. So that means it'll be a nail biter that comes down to a last minute score. As usual.

I don't think MIN's secondary is gonna be anywhere near up ta the task vs. RW and SEA. MIN will be snapped shut and mostly out of the game by the end of quarter 3.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:37 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,881,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
You called that one right.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:21 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,412,209 times
I've never seen a team win like this so many times.

Good or bad?

Old 10-12-2020, 08:45 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
I've never seen a team win like this so many times.

Good or bad?
It's good if you have a strong heart, being on the edge of your seat the last 5 minutes is exciting.Not like a boring blowout!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area