Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 05:45 PM

1,369 posts, read 717,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
With 80% vaccination rate why does it matter if someone is unvaccinated? But the truth is covid acts exactly like a cold, people can get infected any time winter or summer (there is no herd immunity) but the difference is that cold is rarely severe. So I don't think there will be a time in the near future when covid is no longer prevalent. People will still catch it summer or winter. It's all about perception.
If you look at the number of infections right now, it’s high. We’re just (hopefully) coming off the Delta spike. Once numbers are low, even if unvaccinated folks are near me, chances of infection is very low since there isn’t much Covid virus around. Right now, there is more virus circulating so I’m going to avoid exposure.

Doesn’t mean I stay at home… I just spend my time outdoors. I’ve got Midwest and NorthEast winter experience so I don’t mind eating outside in the relatively mild PNW for at least fall and spring. And while I miss going to see movies, I don’t HAVE to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 06:01 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,689,995 times
Anyone who is vaccinated but still living with fear and apprehension need to seek psychological assistance to get over their unwarranted worries...

-Salmon Days in Issaquah this weekend and we're going to check it out... even going to get on the free shuttle with a bunch of other people...

-Can't wait to see the new Bond movie with my 18 year old.

-Need to book the tickets, accommodations and restaurant recommendations for Boise, Idaho. Youngest has a couple games there and we're going to make a weekend getaway out of it.

-My birthday is coming up soon so it's time to see who is offering afternoon tea. That's what I do on my special day.

Better than sitting on a cold wet patio sipping lukewarm soup hoping I don't inadvertently catch Covid from the server who has to also serve in-door patrons (!!!Oh no!!!).

Old 09-30-2021, 06:46 PM

15,901 posts, read 6,604,485 times
Quote:
With 80% vaccination rate why does it matter if someone is unvaccinated? But the truth is covid acts exactly like a cold, people can get infected any time winter or summer (there is no herd immunity) but the difference is that cold is rarely severe. So I don't think there will be a time in the near future when covid is no longer prevalent. People will still catch it summer or winter. It's all about perception.
Colds don't give you long-haul symptoms lasting six months or more. This is going to be an ongoing drain on the economy.

Old 09-30-2021, 06:48 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,157,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Colds don't give you long-haul symptoms lasting six months or more. This is going to be an ongoing drain on the economy.
So you don't trust the vaccine? Sorry but many people have had enough of this. If you are scared, stay home but don't ask others who want to live their lives to do the same.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
So you don't trust the vaccine? Sorry but many people have had enough of this. If you are scared, stay home but don't ask others who want to live their lives to do the same.
Being cautious isn't the same as being scared. Everything will improve when we have taken the steps necessary to reduce the effect of COVID on the economy. Stopping anti-covid measures because you are sick of them works... until the next spike.

Same as ever... get vaccinated, avoid contact unless necessary, wear masks where needed, etc. Eventually the numbers will subside with higher vaccination rates and with people who have had covid.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:24 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,157,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Being cautious isn't the same as being scared. Everything will improve when we have taken the steps necessary to reduce the effect of COVID on the economy. Stopping anti-covid measures because you are sick of them works... until the next spike.

Same as ever... get vaccinated, avoid contact unless necessary, wear masks where needed, etc. Eventually the numbers will subside with higher vaccination rates and with people who have had covid.
I hope you are right. But why do I expect another winter wave that will be worse than last year's ... Hopefully I am wrong.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:44 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,291,086 times
I still don't understand why we can't go back to normal. There's a widely available vaccine. Everybody who wants the vaccine has had it for months now, and they're not the ones getting sick.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:07 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,689,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I still don't understand why we can't go back to normal. There's a widely available vaccine. Everybody who wants the vaccine has had it for months now, and they're not the ones getting sick.
We go in circles.

It's because vaccinated people are still getting sick. They can even die! It's because the more the virus spreads the more it can mutate and cause ineffectiveness in current vaccines! So we have to beat it completely! Mask up! Social distance!

Old 09-30-2021, 08:58 PM

368 posts, read 308,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Most politicians will not give up their power over the masses. That is the only reason why.

Old 10-01-2021, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Anyone who is vaccinated but still living with fear and apprehension need to seek psychological assistance to get over their unwarranted worries...

-Salmon Days in Issaquah this weekend and we're going to check it out... even going to get on the free shuttle with a bunch of other people...

-Can't wait to see the new Bond movie with my 18 year old.

-Need to book the tickets, accommodations and restaurant recommendations for Boise, Idaho. Youngest has a couple games there and we're going to make a weekend getaway out of it.

-My birthday is coming up soon so it's time to see who is offering afternoon tea. That's what I do on my special day.

Better than sitting on a cold wet patio sipping lukewarm soup hoping I don't inadvertently catch Covid from the server who has to also serve in-door patrons (!!!Oh no!!!).
Lol, this sounded personal. But it’s fine. You know what’s best for you and your family and what you are comfortable with. I have a more cautious approach, but don’t worry, I’ve never sipped lukewarm soup on a cold wet patio etc. I just have a lot of fun doing other things, in places, with people and in ways where I know I don’t risk catching or spreading Covid… much. Eventually the other fun activities will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area