Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 06:57 PM

1,369 posts, read 715,187 times

Advertisements

“Also, while the structures of molnupavir and ivermectin differ, they're both basic protease inhibitors, just like the forthcoming Pfizer pill. What makes them more "safe and effective" than ivermectin is that they'll make more money.”

I’m happy to read any double blind clinical trial with enough power to show the effectiveness of Ivermectin. I believe some are under way. I don’t reject any drug, I just need scientific evidence, published in a reputable journal. Got any for Ivermectin?

Or is it just that you are suspicious, which again, isn’t bad, but ultimately using the drug requires evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 10:22 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,861,320 times
Young Seattle resident's obituary:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ke11ybend...40365788528645

https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obit...?pid=200278331

Last edited by usernametaken; 10-02-2021 at 10:40 PM..

Old 10-03-2021, 02:07 AM

6,384 posts, read 5,012,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
I am sorry for her and her family.

But COVID-19 vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia is extremely rare. Since she had no underlying health conditions but still succumbed to this condition, research is needed on what genetic variants might predispose someone to this reaction.

Old 10-07-2021, 09:15 AM

177 posts, read 121,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
They didn't eradicate polio and smallpox with eating veggies and jogging.

Just be glad that this isn't smallpox.

I cringe to think about what would happen if these anti science anti vax types were loose in the era of smallpox.

Old 10-07-2021, 09:28 AM

177 posts, read 121,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This is going to be an ongoing drain on the economy.

Not to mention our health care system.

And our foster care system. (Approx 120K U.S. children have become parentlless due to covid. Yet I keep hearing how covid doesn't affect young children because some people can't think longer than the length of their own nose).

I've read more than enough obits now of anti masker/anti vaxxers who apparently don't have insurance after long hospital stays due to covid, then death. Who is going to pay for all that? Every single one seems to be accompanied by a GoFundMe campaign. Obviously, they cannot pay their bill and will have to rely on the public (public begging) or government (medicaid) .... I thought they hated both pan-handlers and sociallsm.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:36 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,134,850 times
I can't believe NYT posted this.

An unvaccinated child is at less risk of serious Covid illness than a vaccinated 70-year-old.

Old 10-12-2021, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Why not? They're one of the premier sources of news in the entire world. They print excellent, detailed and informative articles.

This is the NEW. YORK. TIMES!!! The best journalists in the US and the world are honored and thrilled if they get a job there.

I'm not even a journalist and if I was able to work for them I would seriously consider it... it'd be a prestige position with the highest of standards.

By the way, for those still interested in making decisions based on actual data, please see the graph in the article that shows just how much greater the risk is if you are unvaccinated. The difference starts to get significant (as I can best tell without 95% Confidence Intervals) from age cohorts 12-15 and up.

Added points that these data are from King County, WA (the next graph is from England, so also trustworthy data), which "releases some of the country’s most detailed Covid data". Kudos to our local health officials who have done an extremely hard job extremely well.

It also gives me more evidence that there'd be a significant benefit to me if I got the booster... but I'll have to wait to see more data on that issue, for my age and risk group, contrasted with any potential risk of negative side effects.

Old 10-12-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
“Also, while the structures of molnupavir and ivermectin differ, they're both basic protease inhibitors, just like the forthcoming Pfizer pill. What makes them more "safe and effective" than ivermectin is that they'll make more money.”

I’m happy to read any double blind clinical trial with enough power to show the effectiveness of Ivermectin. I believe some are under way. I don’t reject any drug, I just need scientific evidence, published in a reputable journal. Got any for Ivermectin?

Or is it just that you are suspicious, which again, isn’t bad, but ultimately using the drug requires evidence.
I heard crickets on this one so I did a quick and easy Google Scholar search. Disappointing. I'd be very happy to see decent evidence that Ivermectin had a positive effect but most articles reviewing all the studies pointed out their flawed design or low power and thus lack of evidence to date. Still, there are more and better studies underway, so hopefully we will get a definitive answer at that point.

Until then, you can take it, I suppose, with a prescription, but there's no telling if it would help.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 411 times
Not very wise. In other news, pharmacies in Seattle can prescribe meds now, including monoclonal antibodies. Think they're going to be ramping up. Learned about it on [url]https://www.scripted.co[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area