Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2021, 03:16 AM

6,384 posts, read 5,012,901 times

Advertisements

It's an interesting part of the city to me, very different from the rest of it. I feel like it must attract a very adventurous, pioneer type of personality.

My circles are very centered around north Seattle and the Eastside so I haven't known many people who lived outside of that sphere, certainly not down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 08:02 AM

8,172 posts, read 8,310,335 times
Yes. A buddy lived there for about 5 years and loved it. There aren’t many places to live in Georgetown, just a small number of bungalows/Craftsmans and some great funky apartments in vintage buildings. I agree, there’s nothing like it in Seattle (anymore, old town Ballard used to be similar), my wife and I love it and go there regularly.

Last edited by homesinseattle; 09-19-2021 at 08:36 AM..

Old 09-19-2021, 01:17 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,152,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Yes. A buddy lived there for about 5 years and loved it. There aren’t many places to live in Georgetown, just a small number of bungalows/Craftsmans and some great funky apartments in vintage buildings. I agree, there’s nothing like it in Seattle (anymore, old town Ballard used to be similar), my wife and I love it and go there regularly.
Stellar Pizza ftw!

Old 09-19-2021, 03:09 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,884,696 times
I worked there for 9 years. As a single or child free couple I’d recommend, still feels a bit of the old Seattle vibe. Not so good for family environ.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:42 AM

2,305 posts, read 1,716,165 times
I knew someone who lived there in in 2007 - well, technically it was right across I-5 in South Beacon Hill but you could walk to Airport Way and the main parts of Georgetown in 5-10 mins. I remember people jokingly referred to that area of South Beacon Hill as "Georgetown Heights".

One thing I will say is that the nightlife was outstanding - you had live bands, DJs, a bunch of fun, rowdy bars, a 24-hour diner, just a great time to be had any night of the week if you wanted to go out. I haven't spend much time there since probably around 2014. By then some breweries had moved in as well. I'm sure it's changed so can't really speak to it today.

In general, though - as someone who has also spent most of my time living around Downtown Seattle or north of Downtown, I've always really enjoyed going to areas south of Downtown. It's far less yuppie, far more diverse, great cheap hole-in-the-wall restaurants, several neighborhoods that have a more dynamic and fun nightlife, more culturally rich, and just a much grittier and more unpredictable/interesting feel.

Old 09-28-2021, 08:44 AM

234 posts, read 499,307 times
Yes, one if my good friends was there for about 10 years. Single guy who owned a bar and lived upstairs. I think it would’ve a decent place to live if you’re childless. Quite a few cool bars/restaurants. I kinda feel like Capitol Hill is now more upscale and has fewer artists, and residents not making a ton of cash in the tech industry. Seems like that old school Seattle vibe is still alive in Georgetown. Cool neighborhood.

Old 09-28-2021, 02:57 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,243,796 times
Georgetown is somewhat still a slice of old Seattle.

A lot of arts-based small businesses and entrepreneurs have moved onto White Center and Burien.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: