Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 09:51 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,927,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Sure, people make that move all the time. Edmonds Bowl area, in particular, is really nice. Bellevue would probably be out of the price range you’ve shared with us. Don’t underestimate your current Northgate proximity to great transit options and to Seattle itself. As we’ve said before, there are a few places to be cautious in Seattle but plenty of neighborhoods/areas that are vibrant and (mostly) safe. Just use common sense, like any city.
Do you think northgate seattle will deteriorate??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 11:24 AM

1,684 posts, read 2,711,210 times
The issue with Edmonds is that although the downtown area and waterfront are nice, many of the more outlying residential areas have drug and theft issues and are kind of run down. Lynnwood also has issues.

Daleway Park had a shooting earlier this year and that used to be a very safe area west of 99 in Lynnwood not too far from the Edmonds border.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:40 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I wish ballard had better parking??
I know a coffee shop in Ballard that has plenty of parking. It's set up with big overstuffed chairs, looking like a hodgepodge of people's living room furniture. A great place to just relax, and enjoy the coffee/tea and snack/bakery fare. If you want to explore Ballard, I'll give you some coordinates. I don't have them off the top of my head.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
The issue with Edmonds is that although the downtown area and waterfront are nice, many of the more outlying residential areas have drug and theft issues and are kind of run down. Lynnwood also has issues.

Daleway Park had a shooting earlier this year and that used to be a very safe area west of 99 in Lynnwood not too far from the Edmonds border.
There are areas out there, not far from 99 (west side), that look like old farmsteads that haven't been updated. Large lots, but I guess the reason they haven't been improved, is the crime issue along that 99 corridor? It's the only thing I can figure. Otherwise, you'd think those run-down larger parcels would have been developed already. The properties are lower-priced for a good chunk of land.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:00 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,136,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I stay on the east side of 99 in Lynnwood, a few blocks down the hill. I haven't encountered any problems, nor has my friend who lives there. No car break-ins or other issues. She lives in a building the county acquired a few years ago. It's a nice neighborhood down the hill a bit from there, IMO. Good restaurants, a Ukrainian grocery a couple of parks in the area. And there's the light-rail construction going on down there, as well.

It's nice to be within walking distance of 99, but far enough away for there to be a buffer. It doesn't require much of a buffer to avoid the issues that present around 99, it seems. There are some good coffee shops and grocery shopping up there, so I do like to stroll up there to explore, or get groceries. And there's a Whole Foods in Edmonds. I didn't see any homeless in the area when I was there last fall. There must be certain blocks where they cluster, or something. I saw no sign of them.

The west side past 99 wouldn't be the OP's only option, IMO.
Edmonds does not have a Whole Foods. Lynnwood does.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:22 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,927,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Lynnwood has a whole foods on alderwood mall blvd.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Right. I was confusing Edmonds' PCC Co-op with WF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area