Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:52 PM

633 posts, read 2,541,818 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 04:06 AM

232 posts, read 995,407 times
I lived in Anaheim mostly. I actually had a interview last week and I am waiting to hear back this week. I agree with you about home prices in socal.
I never owned a home there..in fact I only have 1 friend that has been able to buy a home there.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:07 AM

139 posts, read 1,217,206 times
Its great to hear from individuals, who are non-natives, want to be in Seattle and W. Washington. I know I'm biased but The Seattle area truly is a beautiful place if people would just take the time out to pay attention.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,050,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattletony View Post
Its great to hear from individuals, who are non-natives, want to be in Seattle and W. Washington. I know I'm biased but The Seattle area truly is a beautiful place if people would just take the time out to pay attention.
Hi again, Tony.

I believe that folks who make the effort to come out and visit, truly find western Washington beautiful and leave with a very good impression.

I guess what I don't get is why you keep worrying whether it's getting a bad rap or not.

Are you lonely? Do you just want more congestion and crowded Costcos ...or any crowded store for that matter. More traffic, more strain on the health care system, etc., etc.

It sounds like if you had your way, you'd want everyone in the U.S. to come live in Seattle. *ack*

When I lived in the Seattle area, I'd hated to advocate the virtues of the area too much to outsiders because I always was afraid that they'd want to move here and I thought we had enough people as it was.

*Laughs* Now outsiders reading this will start to think: "hmmm, this guy wants to keep the place a secret maybe we'd better check it out." So, no, I don't necessarily want to keep it a secret but neither do I want to shout out its virtues too much either.

So anyway, Tony, don't get too upset because "we/I" talk the area down on these boards and you think it gives the area a bad rap. I figure that it's just one less car on the road if we discourage another from moving here. *lol* But really, I just would like people to see both sides of the argument. Yeah, I moved away because it's too damp here. But with beautiful winter days like we're having right now, maybe I'll move back and put one more car on the road! *laughs*

--'rocco

p.s. "sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-20-2007 at 10:43 PM..

Old 01-30-2007, 12:35 PM

Rocco ,I actually work for the Seattle Chamber of Commerce lol just kidding I probably should apply for a job though. What can I say I'm a Seattle homer through & through. No I'm not lonely haha I'm just a guy who lives and dies with his hometown. You have to understand, I travel across the country for buisness and gets irritating when I'm having a conversation and I tell people where I'm from and the first thing that comes out of that persons mouth is that it rains everyday. Although it may not seem like a big deal, it gets tiresome and old. I like to equate this with the analogy of someone playfully poking you in the ribs although it me seem harmless at first you will eventually get tired of it and start to do something about it.

Lucky for me I found this forum to dispel myths and steretypes about my beloved city and state. If someone makes a blanket inaccurate statement about my city and state yeah I'm going to state the facts. And as far as people moving here I say great I welcome it. You can never have to many smart educated cultured people they do nothing but benefit and enhance Seattle as a place to live you know birds of a feather!

Seattle doesn't really have a positve voice on these forums I want to tbe that positive voice. For every negative mentioned about Seattle and Washington State I will come back with an accurate factual positive. Maybe I should change my handle to seattle fanatic wink

Old 01-30-2007, 01:55 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,050,998 times
*thumbs up* Hey, I understand! Just had to rib ya a bit. Thanks for taking it so well.

--'rocco

Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 PM

Hey rocco its all in good fun and what can I say I love where I'm from and where I live theres nothing wrong with that and I'm not afraid to let everyone know it. But at the least, I try to be factual, realistic, and objective even though I find this last one hard.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:15 AM

232 posts, read 995,407 times
Last timed I checked.....it was still a free country and you could live anywhere you choose. I guess some people think that "their state" is its own country.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:29 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,064,393 times
Quote:
For every negative mentioned about Seattle and Washington State I will come back with an accurate factual positive.
Seattle, and Washington are great places. However, they are not some Utopian world. Some of these "negatives" really are accurate factual negatives. Some of it are "actual factual negatives" based on individual perception. None the less, what people have to say here - whether they are a current resident or past resident, positve or negative, still is valid.

It's up to the person that is potentially moving to do a pro/con comparision and what is a deal breaker or not.

I don't think anyone is "bashing" Seattle or WA so much that someone needs to come in and stick up for poor old Seattle - not that I have seen anyway.... but in reality, there is good and bad, and I think I see a well rounded dose of both on these forums.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:30 PM

797 posts, read 2,992,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubashawn View Post
Last timed I checked.....it was still a free country and you could live anywhere you choose. I guess some people think that "their state" is its own country.
Have you tried the Texas forums yet... beware the "own country" pride is strong. It's one thing to be happy with where you live and share with others what makes it great for you, it quite another to romanticize the reality of an area. Seattle is great but the world wide view that it rains all the time didn't just come out of thin air and I do think it is better sometimes to get a non-native perspective to an area, just to get a better unbiased opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: