Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 08:02 AM

232 posts, read 995,319 times

Advertisements

I had the interview with Boeing in Auburn. I think it went Really well. They are not offering reloc, so the wage will have to be really good for me to accept. Provided I get an offer. I am pretty excited about the thought of moving back to the Puget Sound area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 08:33 AM

139 posts, read 1,217,097 times
Scubashawn good for you and I hope all goes well

Old 01-29-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for your support Tony !

I would really like to move back....My wife is really concerned about the cost of living. The home do cost a little more than were we live now, but it's definetley a better living environment for my son. Savannah, where we currently live, has a lot of crime.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:06 AM

331 posts, read 2,109,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubashawn View Post

I would really like to move back....My wife is really concerned about the cost of living. The home do cost a little more than were we live now, but it's definetley a better living environment for my son. Savannah, where we currently live, has a lot of crime.
I was concerned about the cost of living as well before I moved up here. However, it has been worth it.

Congrats on the job interview!!!!

Old 01-29-2007, 12:21 PM

633 posts, read 2,541,631 times
Congrats on your job interview!

We are stuck in a quandary of sorts. We want to get out of So Cal, hate it here. However, can't move unless the company offering the job covers relocation costs. Of course, that's provided you can get a company to look at you while you are out of state.

So, do you get the job first or do you just save your money (which means this move would happen in about a year) and do it that way?

If it were just me and the hubby, we'd be gone already. But we have two kids ages 10 and 12, so that is a consideration. They are excited to move, but we have to approach this responsibly.

Darn't, I hate being responsible sometimes If you can tell, I have no patience.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM

I understand.....we are in the same boat...if the offer is enough Im going to go for it. They are not offering relo...so the money has to be really good.
by the way...I'm originall from So Cal....but I have lived in Seattle before.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:34 PM

We LOVE Seattle! Love the weather, the people, the scenery, the Seahawks lol, everything

What part of SoCal? We live in east San Diego and hate it here. Can't afford anything, especially a house. And yes, I know they say Seattle is expensive, but it's nothing compared to here. At least in Seattle if you spend $300k on a home, you have a house and a backyard and not just a 2 bedroom condo.

Good luck on your job search. We are trying to do the job search thing too, but it's difficult being out of state.

I find it interesting when you do searches regarding relocation on the internet that most of the info is about home searches and such, but not much about finding the job that you need in the first place.

Anyway, good luck and best wishes to you!

Old 01-29-2007, 01:50 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,063,220 times
Quote:
At least in Seattle if you spend $300k on a home
Yikes, I don't know anywhere in Seattle, or in a 30 mile perimeter, that you can buy a home for $300k anymore.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:53 PM

well, I was giving an estimate. Still, a 2 bedroom condo looking at a dirt lot will run you around $500k in San Diego and you won't even be close to the beach.

I can not in my right mind, even if I had the money, justify spending half a million on a 2 bed condo, no matter what the view is.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:00 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,063,220 times
I totally agree with you there!!

the housing prices are bad in Seattle and the surrounding cities, but not what it sounds like CA is.

Anyway, in response to the question - when we moved recently (left Seattle for Austin) my husband did have a contract job... but he's in the tech industry and people were willing to hire based on phone interviews. We also had a house to sell (highly priced, since we were coming from Seattle) - so we had money to live off of for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: