Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 12:21 PM

3 posts, read 7,151 times

Advertisements

I agree with lots of these posters. I lived in FlowerMound ... and now I love Woodinville/Duvall/Snohomish. But if you are 30ish and single Bellingham would be hard to beat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 04:19 PM

103 posts, read 207,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellastyle76 View Post
Edmonds, WA. It has all you want & more!
Single people with dogs should avoid Deadmonds.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 PM

134 posts, read 634,653 times
My wife and I are planning to move to Seattle surburb next summer from Little Rock, AR. We can't wait to get out of this brutal humidity! Anyway, our daughter will be one year old by then and we have two pets, a dog and a cat.

Can anybody comment about the safety of living in Edmonds not far from Hwy 99 and Ballinger Lake?

We found two pet-friendly (both dogs and cats accepted) apartment complexes on Edmonds Way merely 2 or 3 miles away from Hwy 99 towards Downtown Edmonds by the water. They are Woodbay Estates and Edmonds Highland. We are concerned about the safety of the area because it's near Hwy 99. We heard stories about Hwy 99.

Is it really that bad? How far away from Hwy 99 in Edmonds is considered safe?

Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,382,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchArk87 View Post
My wife and I are planning to move to Seattle surburb next summer from Little Rock, AR. We can't wait to get out of this brutal humidity! Anyway, our daughter will be one year old by then and we have two pets, a dog and a cat.

Can anybody comment about the safety of living in Edmonds not far from Hwy 99 and Ballinger Lake?

We found two pet-friendly (both dogs and cats accepted) apartment complexes on Edmonds Way merely 2 or 3 miles away from Hwy 99 towards Downtown Edmonds by the water. They are Woodbay Estates and Edmonds Highland. We are concerned about the safety of the area because it's near Hwy 99. We heard stories about Hwy 99.

I'm not familiar with those particular complexes, but you only need to be a few blocks from Hwy 99 for it to be safer/nicer, and even the worst of the stuff right on 99 is far better than the worst of Little Rock in terms of safety.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:09 PM

265 posts, read 687,978 times
I will switch your humidity for mine? Geez I hate you...I want out of here.What are the apartments charging there by the way? Enjoy your move...can I hitch a ride?lol peace.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:23 PM

134 posts, read 634,653 times
Thank you, Ira500! Both complexes are near 132nd Street, which are 8 to 10 blocks away from Hwy 99 so I guess that's safe like you said.

In response to the prices for both apartment complexes asked above:

Woodbay Estates

1 & 2 bedroom apartments starting at $800 monthly with 1 year lease, $450 security deposit, $35 screening fee, and $250 pet deposit each with limit of two pets

Edmonds Highland

This one looks nicer with covered assigned parking space provided at no cost.

Rent varies with the highest being $1200 monthly for 3 bedrooms-2 baths apartment
$500 pet deposit per pet, $250 non-refundable
2 pet limit, 35 lb weight limit per pet (dogs and cats accepted)
No aggressive breeds allowed.

If it weren't for my beloved dog and cat, I would grab the apartment at Seattle's Wedgewood Estates or Sandridge Apartment complexes in a heartbeat. They are both located in North Seattle several blocks north from the Univ. of WA and Children's Hospital near Magnesum Park and Sandpoint Country Club. What a beautiful area!

By the way, I never feel unsafe in Little Rock. That's probably because I live in white-flight part of Little Rock called West Little Rock away from dangerous Asher Ave. and Roosevelt Road in Downtown.

I agree with you about humidity in FL. I visited there numerous times and it was worse than AR. AR is not that much of a difference so I suggest for you to seek a city farther north.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:37 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,382,594 times
By the way, I never feel unsafe in Little Rock. That's probably because I live in white-flight part of Little Rock called West Little Rock away from dangerous Asher Ave. and Roosevelt Road in Downtown.

I've spent some time in Little Rock's Hillcrest neighborhood and thought it was great! Never was there during the summer, but late fall was very pleasant. Fun neighborhood!

Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 AM

615 posts, read 1,077,401 times
Quote:
the drivers all drive as if they have severe brain damage
I think you're talking about Texas drivers.

As for a single woman who wants to party, maybe she should look into Alki in West Seattle? Lots of young people, right on the beach, near downtown Seattle for nightlife.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:30 AM

615 posts, read 1,077,401 times
Quote:
I don't think hwy 99 is a problem anywhere north of Seattle, certainly not in Edmonds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area