Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Thanks for posting that! I just followed the link and just like I wrote in my previous post, the last two weeks of August it RAINED. I am not sure if people on this site have to revise history so that they feel good about living here. It is unbelievable to read on this page that we had no rain during a month when I was stuck at home with a six year old living through it.
I don't think it is a case of revising history...it is a case that some people actually like living here, and either like the weather or like it here in spite of the weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 09:53 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I don't think it is a case of revising history...it is a case that some people actually like living here, and either like the weather or like it here in spite of the weather.
My point was that there are some people here that will write things like "it only rained two days here in August" when in fact it rained 14. That is what I meant by revising history. Days of rain were in the past, the past is history, it rained 14 days, they claimed it rained two, ergo they are revising history. It doesn't matter whether people here love the rain, hate the rain, love living here, hate living here, it RAINED 14 days in August and not two Why the non sequiturs?

Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
My point was that there are some people here that will write things like "it only rained two days here in August" when in fact it rained 14. That is what I meant by revising history. Days of rain were in the past, the past is history, it rained 14 days, they claimed it rained two, ergo they are revising history. It doesn't matter whether people here love the rain, hate the rain, love living here, hate living here, it RAINED 14 days in August and not two Why the non sequiturs?
After reading your post again, and reading your second post, I'll admit to being wrong...but just this once!

Old 09-28-2008, 10:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
I wonder if these people you speak of "beeing down" feel that way in New York, or Chicago or many other cities because their weather is far worst than Seattle's? So by your account we live in one big miserable country.
Chicago or New York or any other northern/midwest state has far more extreme weather than Seattle - no question, but not necessarily worse. Just like some people seem to love the endless days of gray skies and drizzle that Seattle gets many people love wild thunderstorms and the freezing cold some other states get. Clear blue skies and sub zero temps can make for some beautiful days.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:29 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
it RAINED 14 days in August
actually days with a trace of precipitation don't count as rainy

Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 PM

Whether it rained or not, it was only Sunny (by National Weather Service measurements) 5 days in August, and cloudy or at least overcast the rest of the month.

Peoples perception of the weather in Seattle would make for an interesting psych study. Some people clearly love the weather here, rain or shine, I wonder if the people who love it simply don't notice or remember the dark, cloudy days as much as people who don't love it?

Old 09-28-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Whether it rained or not, it was only Sunny (by National Weather Service measurements) 5 days in August, and cloudy or at least overcast the rest of the month.
are you kidding me? What are partly cloudy days? There were a lot of days when the sky was not completely clear and they were counted as partly cloudy. Some people are crazy. Always complain about the weather.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 PM

Go ahead and believe whatever you want Botev1912, you clearly don't want to see the truth. You said it was cloudy a couple of days in August, which is plainly not the case. I'm sure you think it's sunny and clear all through Nov - March too.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:10 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
actually days with a trace of precipitation don't count as rainy
Ok, THEN IT RAINED 10 DAYS - a third of the month or five times more than the two days you claimed. I know I shouldn't continue feeding this thread but I just cannot help myself. It's an addiction I tell you!

Old 09-28-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Go ahead and believe whatever you want Botev1912, you clearly don't want to see the truth. You said it was cloudy a couple of days in August, which is plainly not the case. I'm sure you think it's sunny and clear all through Nov - March too.
You said
Quote:
it was only Sunny (by National Weather Service measurements) 5 days in August, and cloudy or at least overcast the rest of the month.
Partly cloudy days are definitely NOT overcast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: