Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:27 AM

14 posts, read 42,270 times

Advertisements

Collint, keep in mind that the Seattle area is extremely liberal and "anti-cop" in general. It's nothing like Iowa. Go on a police forum to get more realistic advice on PD's in the area (officer.com is a good start).

Seattle PD is a good agency with a lot of opportunites. however, if I were you, I would look at Tacoma PD. I worked there for a long time and loved that PD. We had a lot of SPD officers transfer to Tacoma. The pay is better, equip is light years ahead of SPD, plus you will get a take-home car. PM me if you want more specific info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 02:18 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,596,232 times
ColinT:

Go to the corner of 8th and Pine during the day sometime, and you will understand my joke.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 PM

339 posts, read 707,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by collint View Post
what makes u think there racist? u have any proof of it?
He has no proof, but this is a good example of why you should take the guys advice who says to go work for Tacoma PD. I would also consider both Pierce and Snohomish Counties. Good luck.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:11 AM

It was a joke......as I said, go to 8th and Pine to find out what I am talking about. Jesus effin Christ......

Old 11-07-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
It was a joke......as I said, go to 8th and Pine to find out what I am talking about. Jesus effin Christ......
Why don't you enlighten us instead of throwing out this "racist" thing and then leaving it up in the air as to what we should think about it until we have time to go to 8th and Pine and "figure it out for ourselves" (pending we can figure out what your talking about when we get there even). The problem is that there are a lot of people who have that actual attitude simply for the sake of having that attitude (or they have actually convinced their own fragile little minds that it's actually true). Your first comment "are racist" kind of makes things take a turn for the worse right from the get-go.

On a side note...I see that you are now acknowledging JC. Congrats!

Last edited by JDTD; 11-07-2008 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: because

Old 11-07-2008, 01:40 PM

He alternates between Seattle Police are racist and Seattle Police are communists. Any Seattle local that has ever spent time downtown knows who he is.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
He alternates between Seattle Police are racist and Seattle Police are communists. Any Seattle local that has ever spent time downtown knows who he is.

I try to avoid it , but now I at least know what you're talking about. Next time...maybe the photo should be included with the comment. That's good stuff BTW. I can't figure out if he's pi$$ed, happy or just...well, in need of some tinfoil. I'm going to rep you so we can be friends again until the next post we argue in.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:11 AM

225 posts, read 1,092,358 times
ah well no offense tough guy if u woulda explained that in the first place i would've understood. i get a little touchy about the whole racist stuff

Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,099,050 times
Collint, Greg Nickels is the mayor of Seattle.
Office of Mayor Greg Nickels

Old 11-08-2008, 05:27 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,158,957 times
I've encountered police in several large cities and sheriff deputies in small towns ..... Seattle cops were the most polite and most professional.

They used to have a lot of bicycle cops, I don't know if they still do. Big muscular legs. The hills are steep in Seattle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area