Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 6,185 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to Seattle at the end of December and am looking to rent a place. I have 2 large dogs, cats and horses and am not sure the best way to work this or the best place to look. Any suggestions? I can board the horses but would want to be somewhat close to them if I do so.

I'll be working in downtown Seattle and would love to take public transportation to work if possible. The Port Orchard area looks interesting but has a long ferry ride. And someone told me traffic in Seattle is worse than LA's, true? They said to stay clear of northern areas. I am coming from Denver and am used to some traffic - is Seattle worse?

I'm also from a small town and appreciate rural life, with good access to the city, or the other way around. I would like to find a place with a true sense of community. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 03:40 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,854,342 times
I know there are some horse properties and boarding places on the east side. I live in Issaquah, and see places for horses out here. I find that traffic going into the city from the north and south is much worse than going into the city from the East (at least if you travel on I-90 and not 520). I'm from CA, so I can say that the traffic is not worse than LA, but it can be pretty hairy heading north or south into the city.

Good luck!

V. =)

Old 11-29-2008, 05:12 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,536,266 times
We just looked into a room for rent in the Woodinville area for a family member that happened to be a horse property where they offered boarding as well. From what it looked like in the rental section, Woodinville would be a place to look. I live in Sammamish just down the street from a neighborhood called Rock Meadow. They have their own stables...not sure if they rent to non-residents but you could check into it. I have lived in Dallas and Denver and have worked a lot in Atlanta, DC and Chicago. I would not say the Seattle traffic is any worse than Denver traffic during rush hour and the public transportation here works quite well. Good luck and welcome to Seattle!

Old 11-29-2008, 05:18 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,844,534 times
I'm in an area generally known as the East Renton Highlands, and I see quite a few house boarding places around - on May Valley Road, for example. The unincorporated county area between our Renton neighborhood and Issaquah is pretty rural.

Also, Squak Mountain State Park in Issaquah is open to horses.

Squak Mountain State Park

I take the express bus to downtown Seattle every day and it works reasonably well for me.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:58 PM

9 posts, read 25,163 times
I have a horse I'm moving here from Texas as soon as I get settled in. I've been looking for boarding places, and found some in Woodinville, like another poster stated. There seem to be a lot of horses/horse boarding places in Arlington, however. That area would probably be better for you if you like rural areas, but I'm not sure of the commute. There's horse boarding places in the city of Snohomish as well. Hth a little, I just got to the area but have spent a lot of time researching places to move and be near my horse

Old 11-29-2008, 11:28 PM

86 posts, read 341,320 times
idk much about horse boarding and stuff but maybe check into maple valley or enumclaw areas. maybe north bend/hobart or issaquah.

but yes seattle traffic is worse than denver traffic! by farrrr. try looking into the south king county area, like federal way, kent, auburn areas. if you want a nice place thats kinda like the new housing developments in denver look into the lakeland hills in auburn. and the auburn station tran station is at the bottom of the hill and the train takes you right to seattle. and the king county metro bus system is really convenient and easy to use.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:16 PM

100 posts, read 306,700 times
monroe would be good for horses.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:05 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,630 times
Hi Karma, Denver traffic is close or the same as Seattle, I hate driving in both cities at rush hour. Good luck

Old 12-06-2008, 07:12 AM

2 posts, read 6,185 times
Thanks for all the suggestions!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area