Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:31 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,234,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
In my humble opinion, you are only presenting one side of the story. The other side is the growing corporate/government connection. On one side you have the growing government and on the other you have more and more powerful corporations that are more and more in bed with the government.

OD
I think you're right. To me the biggest concern should always be where the money is. Because he who makes the money makes the rules. And we're just getting softer and softer on corporations and the uber-rich. Doesn't anyone ever wonder WHY?
Better than that is the number of people who have been convinced that its a good idea!! C'mon people, geta clue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
As much as I'm not a fan of "big corporations," I don't really fear them--the worst they can do is throw advertising my way. On the other hand, the government-gone-wild can make life very miserable--they can throw mandates my way, which could land me in jail if I refuse to comply.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:10 AM

Don't fear corporations. Fear their influence in government.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
On Friday, March 16, 2012, President Obama signed a new Executive Order that cannot be found on any of the major media web sites. The fact that he signed it on a Friday afternoon is in itself a curious item, but the lack of news coverage anywhere is..."curiouser and curiouser".

Before It's News

From my rather brief reading of the Order, it appears that the Dept. of Agriculture, Homeland Security, Energy, Health and Human Services, etc, are allowed in peacetime, to comandeer all and any US resources, including food, livestock, water, fertilizers, energy, vehicles, etc for use by the US Government and/or its contractors and military.

What the heck's going on here???
Sounds like contingency planning. Of course, that won't keep the conspiracy theorists sane.

Another "shocking" news item from that website: Shock: Soviet Superweapon Attack On Shuttle Almost Started WWIII

Old 03-21-2012, 11:14 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Why are people so upset over the new executive order?
Sec. 102 ... in times of national emergency (last 79 years)
Sec. 301 ... guarantee loans by private institutions (usurers)
Sec. 501 ... National Defense Executive Reserve composed of PERSONS (subjects) of recognized expertise ... of the private sector ... for training for employment in executive positions (Von Trapp, you shall go to the German Navy !)
Sec. 502 ... The head of each agency ... is delegated authority ... to employ PERSONS of outstanding ability WITHOUT COMPENSATION.
(Slavery)
Senate Report 93-549
War and Emergency Powers Acts
"A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (as of the report 1933-1973), freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency."
We've been under a state of emergency since 1933 (reason : no lawful money). . . 79 years.
"In common usage, the term 'person' does not include the sovereign, [and] statutes employing the [word] are ordinarily construed to exclude it."
Wilson v. Omaha Indian Tribe, 442 U.S. 653, 667, 61 L.Ed2. 153, 99 S.Ct. 2529 (1979)
(quoting United States v. Cooper Corp. 312 U.S. 600, 604, 85 L.Ed. 1071, 61S.Ct. 742 (1941)).

"A Sovereign cannot be named in any statute as merely a 'person' or 'any person'".
Wills v. Michigan State Police, 105 L.Ed. 45 (1989)
Everyone who "voluntarily" signed up with FICA, surrendered their birthright and became PERSONS liable. (Voluntary servitude is constitutional)
Remember, the term "person" explicitly excludes the sovereign.

Who's sovereign?
If you thought "the government" was the sovereign, read these:
GOVERNMENT (Republican Form of Government)- One in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people ... directly ...
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 695

The people of the state, as the successors of its former sovereign, are entitled to all the rights which formerly belonged to the king by his own prerogative.
Lansing v. Smith, (1829) 4 Wendell 9, (NY)
At the Revolution, the sovereignty devolved on the people and they are truly the sovereigns of the country.
Chisholm v. Georgia, 2 Dall. 440, 463

It will be admitted on all hands that with the exception of the powers granted to the states and the federal government, through the Constitutions, the people of the several states are unconditionally sovereign within their respective states.
Ohio L. Ins. & T. Co. v. Debolt 16 How. 416, 14 L.Ed. 997

In America, however, the case is widely different. Our government is founded upon compact. Sovereignty was, and is, in the people.
[ Glass vs The Sloop Betsey, 3 Dall 6 (1794)]

Sovereignty itself is, of course, not subject to law, for it is the author and source of law; but in our system, while sovereign powers are delegated to the agencies of government, sovereignty itself remains with the people, by whom and for whom all government exists and acts.
[Yick Wo vs Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 370 (1886)]
=====================
The people (American) were sovereigns and directly exercise that sovereignty (absolute power).
But most have been indoctrinated to be ignorant of that heritage and surrender it. How do we know our ancestors knew of it?
ALIEN, n. An American sovereign in his probationary state.
- - - - “The Devil’s Dictionary”, by Ambrose Bierce.
They knew enough to "get the joke".

FYI - “The Devil’s Dictionary” was part of a weekly paper starting in 1881, later compiled into a book. You can download a copy from Gutenberg.org.

Restating, American people are sovereigns.
Citizens, by definition, are subjects - not sovereigns.
"CITIZEN - ... Citizens are members of a political community who, in their associative capacity, have established or submitted themselves to the dominion of government for the promotion of the general welfare and the protection of their individual as well as collective rights. "
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Ed. p.244

"... the term 'citizen,' in the United States, is analogous to the term "subject" in the common law; the change of phrase has resulted from the change in government. ... he who before was a "subject of the King" is now a citizen of the State."
State v. Manuel, 20 N.C. 144 (1838)

SUBJECT - One that owes allegiance to a sovereign and is governed by his laws.
...Men in free governments are subjects as well as citizens; as citizens they enjoy rights and franchises; as subjects they are bound to obey the laws. The term is little used, in this sense, in countries enjoying a republican form of government.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, p. 1425
Did you knowingly consent to change your government from the republican form to the democratic form?

You might politely inquire of "your public servants" how all Americans were "born subject citizens" via the 14th amendment. You know, the one in which "all persons" are mentioned.
"All PERSONS born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
[14th Amendment, Section 1.]
Were you born as one of "their PERSONS"?
Obligated to perform compulsory civic duties, from birth?
Mandatory jury duty, militia duty, military service?

Yet "involuntary servitude" is banned by the 13th amendment, isn't it?

Either "we" consented - at birth - or "we" were enslaved - at birth.
Don't ask me - ask the public servants.

Until you withdraw consent, no remedy exists.
After you withdraw consent, no remedy is necessary.

It is not a "conspiracy" - because all the facts are in the public record, available in any county courthouse law library.

Last edited by jetgraphics; 03-21-2012 at 11:34 AM..

Old 03-21-2012, 01:38 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Why are people so upset over the new executive order?
Sec. 102 ... in times of national emergency (last 79 years)
Sec. 301 ... guarantee loans by private institutions (usurers)
Sec. 501 ... National Defense Executive Reserve composed of PERSONS (subjects) of recognized expertise ... of the private sector ... for training for employment in executive positions (Von Trapp, you shall go to the German Navy !)
Sec. 502 ... The head of each agency ... is delegated authority ... to employ PERSONS of outstanding ability WITHOUT COMPENSATION.
(Slavery)
Senate Report 93-549
War and Emergency Powers Acts
"A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (as of the report 1933-1973), freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency."
We've been under a state of emergency since 1933 (reason : no lawful money). . . 79 years.
"In common usage, the term 'person' does not include the sovereign, [and] statutes employing the [word] are ordinarily construed to exclude it."
Wilson v. Omaha Indian Tribe, 442 U.S. 653, 667, 61 L.Ed2. 153, 99 S.Ct. 2529 (1979)
(quoting United States v. Cooper Corp. 312 U.S. 600, 604, 85 L.Ed. 1071, 61S.Ct. 742 (1941)).

"A Sovereign cannot be named in any statute as merely a 'person' or 'any person'".
Wills v. Michigan State Police, 105 L.Ed. 45 (1989)
Everyone who "voluntarily" signed up with FICA, surrendered their birthright and became PERSONS liable. (Voluntary servitude is constitutional)
Remember, the term "person" explicitly excludes the sovereign.

Who's sovereign?
If you thought "the government" was the sovereign, read these:
GOVERNMENT (Republican Form of Government)- One in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people ... directly ...
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 695

The people of the state, as the successors of its former sovereign, are entitled to all the rights which formerly belonged to the king by his own prerogative.
Lansing v. Smith, (1829) 4 Wendell 9, (NY)
At the Revolution, the sovereignty devolved on the people and they are truly the sovereigns of the country.
Chisholm v. Georgia, 2 Dall. 440, 463

It will be admitted on all hands that with the exception of the powers granted to the states and the federal government, through the Constitutions, the people of the several states are unconditionally sovereign within their respective states.
Ohio L. Ins. & T. Co. v. Debolt 16 How. 416, 14 L.Ed. 997

In America, however, the case is widely different. Our government is founded upon compact. Sovereignty was, and is, in the people.
[ Glass vs The Sloop Betsey, 3 Dall 6 (1794)]

Sovereignty itself is, of course, not subject to law, for it is the author and source of law; but in our system, while sovereign powers are delegated to the agencies of government, sovereignty itself remains with the people, by whom and for whom all government exists and acts.
[Yick Wo vs Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 370 (1886)]
=====================
The people (American) were sovereigns and directly exercise that sovereignty (absolute power).
But most have been indoctrinated to be ignorant of that heritage and surrender it. How do we know our ancestors knew of it?
- - - - “The Devil’s Dictionary”, by Ambrose Bierce.
They knew enough to "get the joke".

FYI - “The Devil’s Dictionary” was part of a weekly paper starting in 1881, later compiled into a book. You can download a copy from Gutenberg.org.

Restating, American people are sovereigns.
Citizens, by definition, are subjects - not sovereigns.
"CITIZEN - ... Citizens are members of a political community who, in their associative capacity, have established or submitted themselves to the dominion of government for the promotion of the general welfare and the protection of their individual as well as collective rights. "
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Ed. p.244

"... the term 'citizen,' in the United States, is analogous to the term "subject" in the common law; the change of phrase has resulted from the change in government. ... he who before was a "subject of the King" is now a citizen of the State."
State v. Manuel, 20 N.C. 144 (1838)

SUBJECT - One that owes allegiance to a sovereign and is governed by his laws.
...Men in free governments are subjects as well as citizens; as citizens they enjoy rights and franchises; as subjects they are bound to obey the laws. The term is little used, in this sense, in countries enjoying a republican form of government.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, p. 1425
Did you knowingly consent to change your government from the republican form to the democratic form?

You might politely inquire of "your public servants" how all Americans were "born subject citizens" via the 14th amendment. You know, the one in which "all persons" are mentioned.
"All PERSONS born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
[14th Amendment, Section 1.]
Were you born as one of "their PERSONS"?
Obligated to perform compulsory civic duties, from birth?
Mandatory jury duty, militia duty, military service?

Yet "involuntary servitude" is banned by the 13th amendment, isn't it?

Either "we" consented - at birth - or "we" were enslaved - at birth.
Don't ask me - ask the public servants.

Until you withdraw consent, no remedy exists.
After you withdraw consent, no remedy is necessary.

It is not a "conspiracy" - because all the facts are in the public record, available in any county courthouse law library.
Of all the posts I read here in the CD Forums, your's are the most looked forward to when you touch on this topic. It's always very interesting, intriguing, and well-though-out. These excerpts you include are quite damning for our "keepers." There is no doubt in my mind that we are, indeed, subject to a modern-day version of the crown. And sadly, we are sliding farther and farther into the hole every time we give up a little more of our liberty in exchange for a little more "security" (which generally is some sort of dependency disguised as a "service"). A bird in a cage doesn't have much to worry about in life, does it? Assuming it has a good "keeper," it's every whim is attended to. But then there is that little matter of the cage, eh?

I almost always agree with you on these types of posts 100% . But, I'm always left with an empty feeling in my soul after reading them. It's not that they aren't great posts, but more the idea of being trapped. Trapped in a downward spiraling nation. I have a feeling that if one were to "withdraw consent" and declare oneself a Sovereign, life would suddenly become a nightmare. I'd assume that the reaction of the government agents might be similar to what happens if one were to denounce citizenship--except there would be no deportation. Prison is what comes to my mind as the likely result. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on all of this. But just because it's the truth, I get the feeling the government would not be very sympathetic in dealing with a "sovereign."

Perhaps I'm wrong, because my only experience and knowledge with any of this is from your posts on the topic. Are there actually "sovereigns" who are not either targeted by the government or are not already in prison? Are there any free "sovereigns"? The thing is, if I actually denounce my US citizenship, I'd better have a place to go. So, I could say something like, "I denounce my citizenship within the US of A because I've been granted citizenship or asylum in Uruguay (for example)." And then I board the jet to Montevideo and I'm gone for good. But I'm very leery about the statement, "I denounce my citizenship within the US of A because I've withdrawn consent and I'm now a Sovereign within this nation." Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'd expect a real hassle out of that and possibly some jail time (even if for nothing more than to be made an "example"). Are there actually "sovereigns" walking around free among us?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:36 PM

Much as I hate to ruin a good panic:

snopes.com: National Defense Resources Preparedness

Old 03-22-2012, 12:31 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I have a feeling that if one were to "withdraw consent" and declare oneself a Sovereign, life would suddenly become a nightmare. ... I get the feeling the government would not be very sympathetic in dealing with a "sovereign."
Are there actually "sovereigns" walking around free among us?
Sovereignty is a status associated with several factors:
[] Legal age
[] Unencumbered by agreements that surrender rights and powers
[] An inhabitant with a domicile (on private property absolutely owned)
{Sovereignty and property are inseparable. A king without a domain is merely a traveling prince. Also, since citizens are subjects, there is no such thing as a "sovereign citizen" - a term that the MSM uses to squelch debate.}

Check your own state's constitution and laws for the explicit protection of inhabitants domiciled upon private property. (Residents who reside at "legal residences" are not so protected - they need "permission" / license.)
" No inhabitant of this state shall be molested in person or property ... on account of religious opinions..."
- - - Georgia Constitution, Article 1, Sec.1, Paragraph 4

"... private property shall not be taken or damaged for public purposes without just and adequate compensation being first paid.'
- - - Georgia Constitution, Article 1, Sec.3, Paragraph 1
I have not read all law, but I have yet to find any law that trespasses upon the natural and personal liberty of the American nationals / free inhabitants, domiciled within the boundaries of the united States of America.

In case you didn't think our forefathers knew the truth, here's a snippet from the 19th century:
- - - - “The Devil’s Dictionary”, by Ambrose Bierce
His audience knew what an “American sovereign” was, to understand the joke. The "Devil's Dictionary" began as a series in a weekly paper in 1881.
{Available from gutenberg.org}

-----------------

Since America is still home to a republican form of government, where the people are sovereign and can directly exercise that sovereignty, they have a remedy. Voluntary slaves need only withdraw consent. Say “NO” to usury, to socialism, to predatory abominations, to subjugation, before it is too late, and “consent of the governed” becomes a thing of the past.

The twilight hours of the only republican form of government on earth are upon us. What will our posterity remember? That Americans were afraid of their public servants, afraid to ask where their authority comes from? Government only has power that the people delegate to it. Without our consent, government has no power over us. Outside of securing rights, government should not tread without permission.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:13 AM

97 posts, read 135,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
Much as I hate to ruin a good panic:

snopes.com: National Defense Resources Preparedness
Snopes is merely pointing out semantics; who, what, when. Rather than read Snopes just read the original document at whitehose.gov. It's not too difficult a read and it's pretty plainly stated that the US Constitution (and yes, the Bill of Rights included) are null and void in emergency or peacetime. The game is over. Apparently, for now, what suits these people is pretense and illusion, likely to prevent an uprising that would make them have to work more quickly and overtly.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM

711 posts, read 1,511,874 times
Civialians can be DRAFTED into forced labour without compansation. In the NDAA citizens are referred to as " HUMAN CAPITAL". It is about reframing the mind (brainwashing) . You are also referred to as a civilian as opposed to a citizen which is a Military term.

Last edited by Hillrunner; 03-22-2012 at 10:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness