Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:53 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,977 times

Advertisements

Fukushima: A Nuclear War without a War: The Unspoken Crisis of Worldwide Nuclear Radiation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:50 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,685,123 times
Verifying after watching a Korean Documentary on Fukushima Reactors & the evacuees (doc date Feb 2012) on Dish on past Tues? or Weds?, channel #9394...

It is bad & the Japanese government does not allow any reporting within 20KM of the plants (the reporters went via a bus tour so no details is leaked & the Tokyo Electric Power Co. "TEPCO" will not say much or is "taught" to say what).

Surprisingly, no other news is covering it??? Wondering why???

Tokyo is only 220KM from the plants & the Japanese nuclear disaster is supposed to be worse than Chernobyl who evacuated to 600KM... so there is something going on besides what is covered for sure.

Maybe internationally no other news is covering it because most UN countries including USA is dead broke & do not want to take on a huge disaster???
Maybe the Japanese government & its people is proud & wanted to be independent... hence no news leaked to the outside???

But I do wish that that Korean documentary is featured & translated to feature on some news channel so everyone else can know what is really going on.

Yikes!!!

My heart really goes out to Japan.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,977 times
Fukushima is falling apart: are you ready? | End the Lie – Independent News

http://www.dcbureau.org/201204097128...plutonium.html

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...chine_04022012

Last edited by Watchman57; 04-27-2012 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: add link

Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
A real disaster could weaken the yen; but I see no negative effect on gold.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:54 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
I dunno about this. I spent a lot of time last year obsessing about Fukushima and there's no doubt that there was a cover-up by the Japanese govt. It was about as bad as Chernobyl, which in itself was much worse than reported - Chernobyl caused many extra cases of cancer and mutations, and some livestock as far away as Scotland are still being monitored for fallout.

There WAS a radioactive plume in the US that was detected as far away as Massachusetts, but the amounts were miniscule, barely above background radiation. Fairly quickly a large number of amateurs bought radiation detectors and published results online, so we know the official numbers were about right.

When you read that seaweed etc have so many becquerels of radiation, it's important to get the numbers compared to normal, since seaweed naturally has iodine some of which is radioactive (but in small amounts).

Against my expectations, the Fukushima plants stabilized after dumping a lot of fallout in the nearby regions. They're going to be hot for decades, but there's no China Syndrome or anything close. If there had been that kind of catastrophic meltdown, a simple shift in wind would have carried enough over Tokyo to where it couldn't have been covered up, people would be getting very sick, amateurs would have their detectors pinning at the top, and nations around the world would make Japan off-limits to travel and trade.

I don't know if it's going to get worse in the future, but as far as I can tell it seems to have truly stabilized, even if still putting out a little radiation.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:11 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,685,123 times
^^^Yes, but western people is NOT Japanese people. Or even many Asian... according to culture, difference in culture also equates to them "talking or reporting" or not!

Japanese people are culturally very "nation proud" hence anything negative in reflection to their country will usually never "surfaced" to be exposed. Same with many face-loving Chinese... who will do many "even" bad things just so they can save their faces & be seen as "better" by their peers.

Its all something to do with culture & practices.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:32 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Nuclear issues have always been played down. Govt's and MIC aren't interested in drawing attention to them. Yes the situation is very bad there. However, radiation appears to be far more wide-spread based on tests that have been done and models.

Ionizing radiation can manifest many diseases. W/o good equipment and expertise is easy to ignore.
Chernobyl | Magnum In Motion

Old 05-04-2012, 05:08 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,689,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Nuclear issues have always been played down. Govt's and MIC aren't interested in drawing attention to them. Yes the situation is very bad there. However, radiation appears to be far more wide-spread based on tests that have been done and models.

Ionizing radiation can manifest many diseases. W/o good equipment and expertise is easy to ignore.
Chernobyl | Magnum In Motion
Good. God.

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you for posting this.

It's true; everyone in power wants to pretend that a little radiation won't hurt you, why worry? My niece just moved her entire (military) family (four children, two adults) over to just outside of Tokyo this week. I'm afraid to send her this link - imagine what sort of trouble she could be in just by receiving it...

Old 05-05-2012, 10:27 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Good. God.

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you for posting this.

It's true; everyone in power wants to pretend that a little radiation won't hurt you, why worry? My niece just moved her entire (military) family (four children, two adults) over to just outside of Tokyo this week. I'm afraid to send her this link - imagine what sort of trouble she could be in just by receiving it...
I would be very concerned about moving to Tokyo. Especially for children. I have seen enough to believe there is danger and that it is being played down. There is much on the public record that shows either lying or complete incompetence. Also much showing cause for concern. They are actually burning radioactive "waste", if you can believe it.

There have been other studies. I was ignorant to information until I started looking. Chernobyl was completely played down. What you will find can be very eye opening. The govt and companies, like GE, who also own one of the big 6 media aren't interested in you discussing this. There is huge money and power involved here.

I don't think it was cooincidence that about 20% of the radiation monitoring devices from EPA weren't working in March 2011. Many people don't realize that ionizing radiation and byproducts can cause a huge range of health issues and diseases. Plausible deniability is a big tool in the tool box.

Strontium 90 in children's teeth.
http://www.fukushima311watchdogs.org...ns%20teeth.pdf

Unexpected mortality increase
http://www.radiation.org/reading/pubs/HS42_1F.pdf
An Unexpected Mortality Increase in the US Follows Arrival of ...

BSE - mad cow - scrapie, etc.: Stimulated amyloid degeneration and the toxic fats

Doc of the Photographer, (the one in the link of Chernobyl).

Chernobyl Legacy by Paul Fusco - YouTube

Last edited by CDusr; 05-05-2012 at 11:46 AM..

Old 05-06-2012, 07:32 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,689,689 times
Thanks again for the above links.
Having been diagnosed with lupus, while living downstream and getting my water from a nuclear storage plant that "met acceptable levels" of radiation disbursement in the water, even though we were cautioned not to eat more than 4 fish a month from that same river, I found the last one
BSE - mad cow - scrapie, etc.: Stimulated amyloid degeneration and the toxic fats

particularly interesting and very comprehensive. The high incidence of cancers in the water-dependent area was blamed on many things, but any implication that it was the nuclear contaminants in the water was immediately quashed as "inconclusive" and even "tinfoil hat".

Good job of research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness