Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 11:47 AM

163 posts, read 425,005 times

Advertisements

Do places like Starbucks, McDs shut their wiFi off when they close. My cell bill is insane next math due to overages so in evenings if I Park outside these companies which I've tried but cell acted up, will I get service? Or do they turn reception down or off after hrs? Can't do another $500 bill eyes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 03:55 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Uh, yeah... and what does this have to do with sufficiency (or math)? Maybe I'm just dense today.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:06 PM

12,109 posts, read 23,296,566 times
Free wifi (not wife) can be sufficiency and I think "math" is month. I can't answer the question. How does one get a $500 phone bill?

Old 09-20-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Uh, yeah... and what does this have to do with sufficiency (or math)? Maybe I'm just dense today.
Oops typos my bad was supposed to say wiFi not wife and month not math darn auto correct. You'll b OK, trust me if you have nothing constructive or positive to add no one will be upset if you keep stuff to yourself.

And what does ur post have to do w/ self sufficiency? Let me guess ur hard still held up in bunker or cave waiting for world to end in 2012! Oops :-P

Old 09-20-2013, 08:43 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docryan View Post
Oops typos my bad was supposed to say wiFi not wife and month not math darn auto correct. You'll b OK, trust me if you have nothing constructive or positive to add no one will be upset if you keep stuff to yourself.

And what does ur post have to do w/ self sufficiency? Let me guess ur hard still held up in bunker or cave waiting for world to end in 2012! Oops :-P
Hmmm. Well I'm not... uh... "hard." But I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

But seriously, you should post this in the frugality forum. They love to discuss this kind of stuff.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:26 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,818,394 times
LOL

Honestly, I thought this was a tongue in cheek thread someone made about wanting their wife to be quiet when it's time to go to bed.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:36 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,836,530 times
Some places do. The only way to know is drive by and check.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Free wifi (not wife) can be sufficiency and I think "math" is month. I can't answer the question. How does one get a $500 phone bill?
Data overages ran bill up wasn't aware there were limitations. My bad phone auto corrected some words for me, turning wiFi into wife and month into math.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Hmmm. Well I'm not... uh... "hard." But I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

But seriously, you should post this in the frugality forum. They love to discuss this kind of stuff.
Again with the nonsensical stuff, bored are we. So let's educate one another why don't we, since we're having this little dance.

Define would you for me self sufficiency? Here I'll help to provide for ones own needs.

What's purpose of this area of CD? To share discuss, debate, educate others & oneself on becoming, remaining, self supporting.

What was I asking? Due to being flooded out of a living situation and coupled financial issues, having free Internet access is essential to my way of living, and due to my life never being in a situation such as this before I was unaware of data limitations on my cell and going over those limits skyrocketed my bill to around $500, so wanting to remain self sufficient and not further complicate the current situation I'm in I turned to this resource for helpful insight, which you apparently have none.

So I say to u dear sir/madam enjoy your life and don't waste another moment of your limited time left on earth responding w/ nonsense to someone you don't know or have any interest in helping like me.

I bid u good life!

Old 09-21-2013, 06:57 AM

155 posts, read 348,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docryan View Post

Spelling errors or not, you'll probably get much better answers if you make sure your title matches your topic. I too was scrolling down the list of forum topics and thought this had something to do with your wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness