Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 05:26 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
this is the problem on every American forum I have ever been on, too much talk about guns,guns, guns.
it is possible to defend ourselves without guns, dosent mean we don't have weapons, just different weapons.
Quote:
not firearms. the licencing here is a pain and it involves a police inspection of our homes, so is a non starter for me.
might be different if I lived in the USA but I don't.
So the problem is with Americans that they talk too much about guns, but if you lived in the USA you might have guns.

So maybe move instead of griping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
What are these weapons?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 01:34 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,603,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post

So maybe move instead of griping?

not a chance!

Old 05-02-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
not a chance!
Fair enough, but do not lament Americans having guns that you admit you would probably have if you did could have them in your country or lived in America.

I mean if you would have them if you lived in America than what is your problem?

OH, wait, you will not answer that either because you do not answer questions because of OPSEC.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
not a chance!
Also, I missed this. Maybe griping is the point of your posts?

Old 05-02-2016, 07:56 AM

I have already stated why, living in the UK, I don't have firearms.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I have already stated why, living in the UK, I don't have firearms.
Yes, but you also stated that if you lived in the US you may. This is so hypocritical. So why begrudge Americans who talk about them ON THE AMERICAN INTERNET!?

Old 05-02-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, but you also stated that if you lived in the US you may. This is so hypocritical. So why begrudge Americans who talk about them ON THE AMERICAN INTERNET!?
its more to do with the UK licencing and home inspection, I am not against guns as such.
however, as an outsider, a lot of time is spent on American prepper forums in talking about guns, prepping is not just about guns, its a part of prepping but not the whole part.
post collapse, in the UK, living where I do i'll be hard pressed to see another person let alone have to shoot them.
weapons here will be more about putting food on the table .

Old 05-02-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
its more to do with the UK licencing and home inspection, I am not against guns as such.
however, as an outsider, a lot of time is spent on American prepper forums in talking about guns, prepping is not just about guns, its a part of prepping but not the whole part.
post collapse, in the UK, living where I do i'll be hard pressed to see another person let alone have to shoot them.
weapons here will be more about putting food on the table .
I do not think that prepper talk is focused too much on guns. They are a valuable tool. Guns are also important for Americans as that is how we became citizens and not subjects. Are you still a subject Paul?

Old 05-02-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I do not think that prepper talk is focused too much on guns. They are a valuable tool. Guns are also important for Americans as that is how we became citizens and not subjects. Are you still a subject Paul?
I am a British citizen, but I was born and bred an ENGLISHMAN.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:18 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,024,271 times
We can't have guns...my husband is a convicted felon...his crime was a non-violent theft from a family member when he was a young, stupid teenager who was running with the wrong crowd and using drugs. :/

We have tasers, but I worry about how we would protect ourselves in a bad situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness