Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 11:34 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,693,981 times

Advertisements

With the election polls evening up, it looks like there is a real possibility that Trump might win. If he does, life in the good old US of A will change radically.

1. He will let congress cancel Obamacare. Health insurance companies will shed high risk clients like a golden retriever sheds water after a swim. Right now, 90% of Americans have health insurance. A year after Trump we'll be back to the pre-Obamacare 70%, and the ones who get dumped are the ones who are really sick.

2. Congress is itching to shed Medicare. If we end up with Ryan's voucher plan, it's going to get expensive fast.

3. His tax cuts for the rich program will bump our national debt from 80% of GDP to 102% of GDP in 10 years. On the plus side, a massive government borrow-and-spend program might finally bring down the dollar, at the cost of rapid inflation. If he really manages to default on foreign debt like he says, the dollar will turn into toilet paper overnight.

I have never been much into metals, but I think if Trump gets elected it will be time to buy gold and silver. I'm really hoping that congress buys the $650 million debt he owes to the Russians and Muslims. It's uncomfortable to think of the US president's finances being in the hands of Russians and Muslim religious fanatics. He has already said that he wants to give the Arabs nukes, and that would let the nut cases in the Middle East start a nuclear war. If that happens it really will be TEOTWAWKI.

What kind of plans are you making?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 11:40 AM

14,496 posts, read 12,134,812 times
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Your ending question aside... this post appears to be about politics, not self-sufficiency or preparedness.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:53 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,317,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
With the election polls evening up, it looks like there is a real possibility that Trump might win. If he does, life in the good old US of A will change radically.
A. He's not going to win.

B. If he did win we have had crap presidents before, we will survive.

C. If this is your straw/camel's back, more power to you. I wish you the best in where ever you are bugging out to.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:28 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,322,805 times
If Trump wins I want every one that wants to Bug out to get out.

The better question is where you bug out too? The Middle East, Europe, the far East, Australia? Canada has already said that they don't want winey Americans if Trump wins, so where do you go?

Old 09-23-2016, 03:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
I believe that Trump will win. I intend to enjoy it it.

I find it amusing that people who didn't understand economics were saying much the same thing in 1980. They became quiet within a relatively short time.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:43 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,201,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
With the election polls evening up, it looks like there is a real possibility that Trump might win. If he does, life in the good old US of A will change radically....

What kind of plans are you making?
None. I emigrated seventeen years ago.

It has been clear for three decades that a Trump or worse would be in the pipeline relatively soon.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:57 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
None. I emigrated seventeen years ago.

It has been clear for three decades that a Trump or worse would be in the pipeline relatively soon.
I wish that we could have a rule that a poster be required to make ten posts providing real information on self-sufficiency or preparedness before making a controversial post. Larry Caldwell has done that, but which of the others has?

Old 09-23-2016, 05:03 PM

5,746 posts, read 4,706,142 times
I won't leave, but I'll be sure to give a one-finger wave to Barbra Streisand and Michael Moore as they do.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:43 PM

4,873 posts, read 2,678,239 times
what's the problem?..He's gonna make America great again..what more do ya want?

Old 09-23-2016, 07:14 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,050,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
I won't leave, but I'll be sure to give a one-finger wave to Barbra Streisand and Michael Moore as they do.
With those two gone (and Al Sharpton not far behind them) this country will improve ever so slightly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness