Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 02:06 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,968,632 times

Advertisements

Meant BPA. Remember when people could edit their internet mistakes? That was awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 12:53 PM

323 posts, read 222,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
I had all the vaccines I needed - and then some - as a kid. Sheesh. Now that I wear my big boy pants, I can make up my own damn mind whether I want to be jabbed or not. Thanks for asking!

"I do not intend to live a life of perpetual hunger". Is this supposed to mean that not being FAT means "perpetual hunger"?? Because it doesn't. If you're fat or obese, learn how to eat right. Neither excess fat nor perpetual hunger should be a part of anyone's life!
you are so freaking ignorant its sad. You assume overweight people have that issue purely sue to overeating? I know of many people who eat healthy and they struggle. Stop assuming all day people eat fast food all day. Trust me- they don't!

Old 05-15-2018, 05:01 PM

37,471 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Obesity is winning for many reasons.
Lower testosterone levels with higher estrogen levels. Enter BHP leaching plastic bottles and wrapping. GMO soy foods that mimic estrogen. Less physical activity. Corn syrup. Pharmaceuticals.

I look at the food supply as much as anything. We even package crap as "health food".
It is all around us.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:26 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,230,714 times
Quote:
Make the effort to lose some weight, and get back into shape. You can't be a survivor if you're dead!
There's only one way to lose weight: Suffer.

* eat less food and endure the hunger pangs
* eat food you don't like
* exercise which causes great suffering to those who didn't exercise before

People don't want to suffer. Hence, we have obesity.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:10 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,492,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post

This is totally NOT true.

If any obese person would just cut most carbs from their diet, they would steadily lose weight, without exercise, without eating less, without eating unappealing food. They would also greatly improve their health and reduce the chance of diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension.

But don't take my word for it. Look up the ketogenic diet. Look up Dr. Jason Fung of Toronto, who wrote, "The Obesity Code" and "The Diabetes Code". Because diabetes is now ALSO an epidemic in America, and is fully preventible and reversible. If it runs in your family, as it does in mine, this is exceedingly important information to have.

Go ahead and dig your grave with your mouth, if you want to.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:39 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,230,714 times
Quote:

If any obese person would just cut most carbs from their diet
In other words, eat less food and endure more hunger pangs.

You have proven my point.

Quote:
without eating less
You just contradicted yourself. How do you CUT something out of your diet without eating less?

The only way to lose weight is to suffer. This is a fact.

Quote:
I'm not advocating that. Don't put words in my mouth.

What I'm saying is a fact of life. A hard fact that people don't want to deal with because they don't want to suffer.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:20 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Meh- I lost 50lbs. Secret? No beer and eat 1,800-2,000 calories per day- basically whatever we normally ate.

Oh and I hiked 'purposely' 4 miles of hills a day behind my house. As I lost 10 lbs- I added it to my pack.

I didn't suffer from hunger pangs or get physically sore (at least after the first 2 weeks).

Now I did injure my back last summer, painting under the eaves of my house. That laid me up for 3 months. And then this winter with as brutal as it was- no daily hikes. So I packed on 20 of that 50.

So I know the secret recipe- moderation and simple hiking. It was pretty easy, actually. I'm back on it again.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:49 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:

Quote:

If any obese person would just cut most carbs from their diet, they would steadily lose weight, without exercise, without eating less, without eating unappealing food. They would also greatly improve their health and reduce the chance of diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension.

But don't take my word for it. Look up the ketogenic diet. Look up Dr. Jason Fung of Toronto, who wrote, "The Obesity Code" and "The Diabetes Code". Because diabetes is now ALSO an epidemic in America, and is fully preventible and reversible. If it runs in your family, as it does in mine, this is exceedingly important information to have.

The real question is whether people should be hungry all of the time but live longer lives. I don't understand why anyone would care what others do?

Old 05-29-2018, 05:03 PM

26,429 posts, read 46,607,911 times
Quote:
Interesting. I've also come across a book called Against All Grain, (sorry, can't link on this tablet) but it brings up some valid points. Rice is also a weight gainer for many people.

I learned recently what paleontologists have known for a long time: the health of humans took a nosedive some 9,000 years ago, with the agricultural revolution. Seems we were better off as meat eaters, and all those cereal grains have raised our insulin levels.

Insulin is the culprit behind not just obesity, but high blood pressure, cholesterol/triglyceride problems, cardiac and stroke issues, diabetes, and much more. It's not about 'fat shaming', it's about gaining control of your own insulin levels, via carbohydrate reduction.
Exactly true for most people. The majority would feel satiated and lose weight on modified paleo diet while limiting whole grains to exclude all wheat products. Starch consumption should be limited, but no limits on fresh vegetables or fruits. A good amount of water is key. Ignore the USDA food plate like the plague.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:07 PM

26,429 posts, read 46,607,911 times
Quote:
In other words, eat less food and endure more hunger pangs.

You have proven my point.

You just contradicted yourself. How do you CUT something out of your diet without eating less?

The only way to lose weight is to suffer. This is a fact.

I'm not advocating that. Don't put words in my mouth.

What I'm saying is a fact of life. A hard fact that people don't want to deal with because they don't want to suffer.
Modern wheat is an appetite stimulant that can cause definite hunger pangs. Remove all wheat from diet and eat the remainder of the items you were consuming before. You will very likely be satiated for far longer and not wonder when the next time to eat is. No more "starving" sensations at all.
Source- myself based on personal experience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness