Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 04:27 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Lets see, we had one in October, and one in September. One in August and one in September.

We have not seen a 4-day grid outage this month [November 2020], yet. But I am confident it will happen. Maine power utilities have not been capable of providing continuous power for an entire month in the last 15 years.

It would require a massive shift in realities for our Public Utilities to figure out a method of providing power to their customers.

dumping renewable () energy resources would be a step in the right direction....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 04:33 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Im an Urbanite, and based on my stash of Kodiak Pancake Mix alone, I will last a couple of months without refrigeration. Heck, Im good for at least a year, and that includes vitamins.

https://iheartvegetables.com/wp-cont...s-682x1024.jpg

Hopefully, I will retire and move away before the SHTF, but Im good. Cyber away people!
won't help unless you have water....Folks seem to forget that one of electricity's most important uses is to supply us with water....you know the old rules of 3's

https://www.backcountrychronicles.co...al-rules-of-3/

Old 01-24-2021, 06:39 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times
dont forget ANY water that dosent come from the mains is suspect, even if you can find water it needs to be filtered and boiled before being consumed, if you havent got the ways of doing these 2 things you probably will be very sick even IF you can find water, which isnt guarantee either.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:46 AM

3,060 posts, read 2,035,841 times
I also am wondering who "THEY" could be. Are they anti-maskers or pro-maskers?
Wouldn't "THEY" want other people to not wear masks, get covid and die but not themselves of course.
Anti-maskers put themselves, their families and associates at risk and some have died.

"THEY" must also be anti-vaccine if they want millions to die.
So anyone who wants to foil "THEY"'s plans should wear a mask and get the vaccine.

BTW I know there is a segment of population who thinks old and weak people dying is not a bad idea, and racism is a large part of that both in our country but more especially in other countries they hate.
I believe those sociopaths are a minority in our species.
One of the signs of higher civilization is our ability to care for our old and disabled.
Stephen Hawking would have been a terrible mind to lose too soon along with countless others, young and old.

Old 01-24-2021, 08:15 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
dumping renewable () energy resources would be a step in the right direction....
That is a tiny percentage of total power, I think around 5%.

Old 01-24-2021, 09:26 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times
as of December 2020 renewables generated 40.2% of total electricity in the UK.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:46 AM

3,060 posts, read 2,035,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
as of December 2020 renewables generated 40.2% of total electricity in the UK.
If that isn't self-sufficiency in progress don't know what is.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:58 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
It only sounds insane to those who do not believe it.
(Frankly, it only sounds insane to a small minority of those who do not believe it.)

They and Them isn't really difficult, as a concept, though it can be hard to explain to someone new to the idea. Combine "Global Elite" with "Deep State" and you begin to see the picture. The whole thing is a bit more complicated, thus the short hand reference.

The "Great Culling" is a theory that says "They" feel there are too many people for the planet to sustain, so "They" are planning to reduce our numbers by some percent. Usually, adherents to this theory expect to see between 70% and 98% reduction. Often this theory is combined with some expectation of eugenics to insure the remaining herd is of better than average stock.

I understand the first idea completely.
I understand, but don't agree with, the second one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
I also am wondering who "THEY" could be.
already answered, see above.

Quote:
Are they anti-maskers or pro-maskers?
Wouldn't "THEY" want other people to not wear masks, get covid and die but not themselves of course.
Anti-maskers put themselves, their families and associates at risk and some have died.
First, you assume masks work. (I think they do what they are intended, but that is irrelevant to the conversation.)
Second, "they" wish to force everyone else to mask up, and feel that "they" are immune from their own rules.

Quote:
"THEY" must also be anti-vaccine if they want millions to die.
So anyone who wants to foil "THEY"'s plans should wear a mask and get the vaccine.
Again, with the assumptions. You assume the vaccine is safe.
(By actual rules of science, this has not been proven. It appears to be safe, but no one knows the long term affects.)

Quote:
BTW I know there is a segment of population who thinks old and weak people dying is not a bad idea, and racism is a large part of that both in our country but more especially in other countries they hate.
I believe those sociopaths are a minority in our species.
One of the signs of higher civilization is our ability to care for our old and disabled.
Stephen Hawking would have been a terrible mind to lose too soon along with countless others, young and old.
Nice Virtue Signalling There.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:53 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Is this the Self-Sufficiency & Preparedness forum or did I accidently stumble onto InfoWars?

Old 01-29-2021, 01:26 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
Assuming this cyber attack also takes out social media, the pros might outweigh the cons.
Won’t matter. They are already censoring the population that cares about any of this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness