Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:30 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
thanks Gertrude, i. if you don't know, perhaps you'd be better off baking the gents some cookies or knitting a sweater
At what point should we consider you........Winston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 02:59 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,208,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
At what point should we consider you........Winston?

winston is fine though have you thought of any contribution you might like to make on an off-grid pool? you've had a few weeks to think about it, perhaps now would be a good time to add something useful to the thread.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
winston is fine though have you thought of any contribution you might like to make on an off-grid pool? you've had a few weeks to think about it, perhaps now would be a good time to add something useful to the thread.
Theres nothing useful to add..................for the purpose of THIS forum the idea is less than realistic.
Now if the question originally proposed had to do with more energy efficient design for a back yard pool than yes there would be a great amount of information to add..............Back at ya winston.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,208,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Theres nothing useful to add..................for the purpose of THIS forum the idea is less than realistic.
Now if the question originally proposed had to do with more energy efficient design for a back yard pool than yes there would be a great amount of information to add..............Back at ya winston.

lol, doris, the cookies were great. hahahaha

Old 03-02-2010, 10:37 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
If you want to see an off-grid swiming pool, this is one company:
Solar Powered Pools

Like I say, on Hawai'i people have off grid pools out of necessity, they have no electrical service so they just work around it.

You can live a normal lifestyle while saying the heck to the power and water company. You can live a normal life and eat like the average person while only shopping once inawhile. You can have hot and cold running water and not have to shower from a jug hanging from the tree while being off grid. You can have a swiming pool for recreation and ALSO emergency water supply, fire fighting, or for gardening while being off-grid and self sufficient.

Self sufficeincy means self sufficiency, not having to be Grizzly Adams, eat nuts and berries, crapping in a can, and waiting with the shotgun to ward off intruders.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:08 AM

6 posts, read 22,274 times
Hello, Just wanted to let you know about a book i just brought at my library(they sell old books cheap). The title is "Sunset Homeowners Guide to Solar Heating & Cooling. Active & Passive Systems, Hot Water Heaters and POOLS, spas & tubs. Put out by Lane Publishing Co.Done in 1975 but has wonderful useful information. As my husband says , this info doesn't expire. If you can't find this book, let us know and we will get the info to you somehow. Good luck.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
lol, doris, the cookies were great. hahahaha
self delete, you not worthy of my time and effort....................just and a.s hat is all

Last edited by Convert 54; 03-06-2010 at 07:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness