Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 09:54 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,189 times

Advertisements

I am from Atlanta and now live in Charlotte. I haven't been to South Park yet because I like Carolina Place and Concord Mills, but I have heard many people say how exclusive and upscale South Park is. So for everyone that has been to these two places which is the better one? What are some pros and cons of each place? Is South Park in the same league as Lenox (or vice versa)?

Or can South Park be more comparable to Phipps Plaza (the other upscale mall right across from Lenox)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 08:37 AM

341 posts, read 761,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
I am from Atlanta and now live in Charlotte. I haven't been to South Park yet because I like Carolina Place and Concord Mills, but I have heard many people say how exclusive and upscale South Park is. So for everyone that has been to these two places which is the better one? What are some pros and cons of each place? Is South Park in the same league as Lenox (or vice versa)?

Or can South Park be more comparable to Phipps Plaza (the other upscale mall right across from Lenox)
SouthPark has about the same amount of boutiques as Lenox, but Lenox has a few more. They have a lot of the same stores, too. Lenox has a few more, though. The food court at Lenox is about the crappiest looking one, lol. SouthPark's food court looks nice but the variety isn't as good. SouthPark is a nicer looking mall. Lenox looks pretty old in the back near the food court/Bloomie's. The Nordstrom at SouthPark is bigger than the one at Phipps but it isn't as upscale. Charlotte doesn't have a Bloomingdales. The Neiman Marcus at SouthPark is tiny but it's pretty nice. The one at Lenox was better and had more upscale brands. It really depends on what you buy/what you want. On a Saturday night, SouthPark has a pretty good amount of people, but not truly packed. More people seem to be there after lunch on a Saturday. Lenox is terrible. It takes 20 minutes to go from Peachtree/Lenox road to get to the Bloomingdale's parking deck. Lenox is really annoying on a Saturday night because there are a bunch of wannabe rappers that show off their cars and "bling" and don't even buy anything. I really can't say which one is more upscale, but I am kind of leaning toward Lenox. I like SouthPark better, though. If you go to Lenox on a Saturday morning, then it's nice, quiet, and almost peaceful lol.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,881 times
Lol @ wannabe rappers! Those people are everywhere in Atlanta. I like the products at Lenox Square, im not really interested in the other malls in Atlanta shopping area.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:50 PM

73 posts, read 109,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
SouthPark has about the same amount of boutiques as Lenox, but Lenox has a few more. They have a lot of the same stores, too. Lenox has a few more, though. The food court at Lenox is about the crappiest looking one, lol. SouthPark's food court looks nice but the variety isn't as good. SouthPark is a nicer looking mall. Lenox looks pretty old in the back near the food court/Bloomie's. The Nordstrom at SouthPark is bigger than the one at Phipps but it isn't as upscale. Charlotte doesn't have a Bloomingdales. The Neiman Marcus at SouthPark is tiny but it's pretty nice. The one at Lenox was better and had more upscale brands. It really depends on what you buy/what you want. On a Saturday night, SouthPark has a pretty good amount of people, but not truly packed. More people seem to be there after lunch on a Saturday. Lenox is terrible. It takes 20 minutes to go from Peachtree/Lenox road to get to the Bloomingdale's parking deck. Lenox is really annoying on a Saturday night because there are a bunch of wannabe rappers that show off their cars and "bling" and don't even buy anything. I really can't say which one is more upscale, but I am kind of leaning toward Lenox. I like SouthPark better, though. If you go to Lenox on a Saturday morning, then it's nice, quiet, and almost peaceful lol.

Lets say 15 more stores:

David yurman
fendi
Zara
Miss sixity energie
Bloomies
Club monaco
Metropark
Addidas original
Standard
Salvator Ferragamo
Diesal
French connection
bvlgari
Karen Millen
Nicole Miller

And soon to be
Herve ledger, Prada, and Ermenegildo Zegna
and the newly remodeled LV store which will be one of the largest in the chain carrying full ready to wear men and women. Your not going to get that in Southpark.

Lenox is tier up from Southpark,

Old 12-02-2010, 09:47 AM

341 posts, read 761,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoBillionaire View Post
Lets say 15 more stores:

David yurman
fendi
Zara
Miss sixity energie
Bloomies
Club monaco
Metropark
Addidas original
Standard
Salvator Ferragamo
Diesal
French connection
bvlgari
Karen Millen
Nicole Miller

And soon to be
Herve ledger, Prada, and Ermenegildo Zegna
and the newly remodeled LV store which will be one of the largest in the chain carrying full ready to wear men and women. Your not going to get that in Southpark.

Lenox is tier up from Southpark,
Don't you realize that when I made my post Louis Vuitton and Prada had not announced that they are coming/expanding?
I wouldn't include Adida's. It's by no means a boutique. Lenox is a sort of nice mall. But it looks pretty crappy compared to SouthPark. Sure, it has more boutiques. But I would rather go to a nicer looking mall with less boutiques like SouthPark or Mall at Millenia. The food court at Lenox is very horrid and one of the ugliest I have ever seen. The lower level around Bloomingdale's is rather old and ugly, as well. SouthPark looks old and ugly nowhere.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:29 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,772,702 times
JMO - shouldn't you ask this in your local thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products