Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:05 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,524,970 times

Advertisements

Just got this from Costco yesterday...it is the Bissel Proheat2x. Cleaned the bedroom and got it all ready to start on the carpet. Put it together myself, followed every bit of instruction. Got it going and started at it. Then I discovered that it was not sucking up any of the dirty water. The soap dispenser was working the bladder water was being sprayed out, but no suction. I called Bissel and got someone in India. She walked be thru, but no luck or should I say no suck.. I am going to take it back to Costco, but right now I have a fan trying to dry out the carpet, and I have to go thru this process with either a replacement or call a professional.

Anyone have this problem with a brand new machine??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 06:26 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Anyone have this problem with a brand new machine??
Sure. Just look behind the counter at any Customer Service counter. Most manufacturers expect a 3-5% failure rate. Where do you think reconditioned/refurbished merchandise comes from?

Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Those are actually pretty good cleaners.
Did you try this?:

ProHeat Not Picking Up Solution
Turn the dial on the front of the machine to "Floor Cleaning" or "Tools." These are the only two setting that pick up solution from the floor.

Reseat the tank in the base of the machine. Make sure the lip of the tank is attached to the nozzle in the front. Push back the handle all the way to lock it into position.

You should find out if the tank is full of dirty water. When the red trap door closes, the tank needs to be refilled. It also may have closed accidentally if you bumped into something. Turn the machine on and off to reset the red door. If it doesn't reset, lift up the tank handle to remove it. Unlatch the top half from the bottom and pour the dirty water out. Refill the tank with hot tap water, latch the top half and situate the tank inside the vacuum.

Read more: How to Troubleshoot a Bissell ProHeat 2X Rug Shampooer | eHow.com How to Troubleshoot a Bissell ProHeat 2X Rug Shampooer | eHow.com

http://newzealand.bissell.com/images...pair_guide.pdf
My steam cleaner is not sucking up the water. What are possible...

Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,524,970 times
Never did get it to work. Costco took it back with an apology. We ended up getting a Hoover which was less expensive and worked perfectly.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 364,676 times
Talking Bissell Pro-heat 2x won't suck water up

I had this problem as well and I took off the front parts and cleaned them out and it still would not work. I fiddled with the dials and no luck. I went to empty the little water it did pick up and noticed the red little trap door that covers the screen when it can't pick up any more water. I took the screen off and noticed that it was clogged with hair and dust. I cleaned off the screen and put it back. BIG DIFFERENCE! I could feel the suction and it made the machine feel heavier. Make sure to check this out if you are having this problem. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Last edited by tay3598; 08-18-2011 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 12-16-2011, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 362,703 times
I've just tossed my second Bissell product away. I will never buy another one of them again.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 359,076 times
Default Thank you so much for your solution

I was getting ready to throw my new Bissell proheat 2x pet right out the door. Then I saw your suggestion. I really like this machine. But I was getting so frustrated. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay3598 View Post
I had this problem as well and I took off the front parts and cleaned them out and it still would not work. I fiddled with the dials and no luck. I went to empty the little water it did pick up and noticed the red little trap door that covers the screen when it can't pick up any more water. I took the screen off and noticed that it was clogged with hair and dust. I cleaned off the screen and put it back. BIG DIFFERENCE! I could feel the suction and it made the machine feel heavier. Make sure to check this out if you are having this problem. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 PM

154 posts, read 691,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay3598 View Post
Thank you tay3598! I love this machine and I was afraid it had died. I don't know why the instruction manual doesn't advise you to do this.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 355,675 times
Thank you thank you tay3598!!!!!! Was getting very frustrated till we read your comment it worked!!!! Your the best!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 01:16 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
My Bissel works perfectly and I really needed it when a pipe burst in the floor in the hallway under the carpet. I had never used it before and I bought it about 4 months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products