Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:56 PM

484 posts, read 2,210,237 times

Advertisements

k so i ordered this thing from leddomelight.com in which they sell a light to brighten up the interior in the light. the money is already gone from my debit card but its been 2 weeks and i havent recieved the item yet(its local 2 hour away businesss) .....ive tried calling them and its got this weird beep noise everytime and i tried mailing and i got a message back from google that the email address didnt work....
how do i get my money back? do i have to contact my bank? who do i go to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:37 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Debit cards do not carry the same rights as credit cards, unfortunately. Your bank might help you out - doesn't hurt to call them. But using a credit card will always give you more protection and provides a formal process for disputing charges.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:43 PM

62 posts, read 173,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
k so i ordered this thing from leddomelight.com in which they sell a light to brighten up the interior in the light. the money is already gone from my debit card but its been 2 weeks and i havent recieved the item yet(its local 2 hour away businesss) .....ive tried calling them and its got this weird beep noise everytime and i tried mailing and i got a message back from google that the email address didnt work....
how do i get my money back? do i have to contact my bank? who do i go to?

You have to count in the factor of how long it takes to actually clear with them and their shipping and processing times. Are we talking business day? I would check again and then maybe contact the bank but like someone else said using a bank card don't protect you from things like this. If all else fails drive there and see what's going on.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 PM

no its been 2 weeks for something local (2 hour drive)....ive ordered a larger item and chose same shipping and that came in like 3 days unlike this one item.... its funny how i cant even contact the business...whether it be phone or email....

im asking here as this is a shopping and consumer product forum and maybe someone might have experienced something like this before.....
what im thinking since i cant contact them at all is that they went out of business but still took my money...

Old 03-23-2009, 03:34 PM

62 posts, read 173,808 times
Quote:
no its been 2 weeks for something local (2 hour drive)....ive ordered a larger item and chose same shipping and that came in like 3 days unlike this one item.... its funny how i cant even contact the business...whether it be phone or email....

im asking here as this is a shopping and consumer product forum and maybe someone might have experienced something like this before.....
what im thinking since i cant contact them at all is that they went out of business but still took my money...

Trust me I've had stuff (computers etc.) that was suppose to have been shipped to me and didn't get them. Just so happen I always use Paypal or my cc just in case something happens then I always get all my money back. You didn't explain the steps you had taken in your first post is the reason I asked, so that I could give you a suggestion. If you can't contact them at all as you stated before then yea they probably have taken your money. Your going to get mainly the same response that nothing can really be done unless you used a major cc. I mean you can file complaints but that only goes so far.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 PM

DAMN that is Moderator cut: please use a different expression. This is offensive to many people . .

..so if i used my debit..they already took my money...
who do i complain this to........that was 6 hours of slave work

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-24-2009 at 04:43 PM..

Old 06-19-2009, 11:09 AM

okay update....its NOW JUNE.
after the Original post, i have made contact them by asking a local car owner to go check it out, he finds out the shop moved 4 door down and a new #....they shipped it after the guy checked out the store....and i get the item in 2 weeks since my last post and its the wrong item.
I thought I ordered it wrong so I place a new order, but yet to find out I actually ordered the right item..they SHIPPED the WRONG ONE!
Now im pissed and call them and tell them to fix it...I have to spend $7 for shipping..
Now I wait 2 MONTHS and when i finally was able to reach them(set their # on speed dial and called over and over again for 1 whole hour)they say they shipped it 3 weeks ago, lone and behold the WRONG ADDRESS.
im like wow......and i flip out....this is the first time a business has been this incompetent.
The owner is like relax ill have it shipped out tomorrow or the day after...
and now its been another month.
I just want my money back....i dont want to deal with this company anymore...

$100 to some of u may not be a lot, but its money i worked hard for.
I just want to know what kind of action i can take to get it back

Old 06-19-2009, 10:28 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Only a two hr drive...jump in the car with the item they sent you and knock on their door...seeing them face to face to get positive results...replaced with proper product or money refunded...no big deal.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:39 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,745,253 times
Quote:
okay update....its NOW JUNE.
after the Original post, i have made contact them by asking a local car owner to go check it out, he finds out the shop moved 4 door down and a new #....they shipped it after the guy checked out the store....and i get the item in 2 weeks since my last post and its the wrong item.
I thought I ordered it wrong so I place a new order, but yet to find out I actually ordered the right item..they SHIPPED the WRONG ONE!
Now im pissed and call them and tell them to fix it...I have to spend $7 for shipping..
Now I wait 2 MONTHS and when i finally was able to reach them(set their # on speed dial and called over and over again for 1 whole hour)they say they shipped it 3 weeks ago, lone and behold the WRONG ADDRESS.
im like wow......and i flip out....this is the first time a business has been this incompetent.
The owner is like relax ill have it shipped out tomorrow or the day after...
and now its been another month.
I just want my money back....i dont want to deal with this company anymore...

$100 to some of u may not be a lot, but its money i worked hard for.
I just want to know what kind of action i can take to get it back
The only action you can do is drive for 2 hours and get whatever...you ordered.

Otherwise...You can Kiss your money good Bye!!

And remember next time use a CC so if you do not get it within 30 days, you can get your money back!!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
They took so long and you coud contact them ;then they shipped the wrong thing and YOU REOrDER WITH THEM. Huh ;I don't know aht to say ;frankly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products