Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:26 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,975,722 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't want scented clothes. My laundry detergent is perfume free, and I like it that way.

Everything I buy is unscented, come to think of it. I really really really dislike perfume-y smells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 06:18 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I wouldn't want scented clothes. My laundry detergent is perfume free, and I like it that way.

Everything I buy is unscented, come to think of it. I really really really dislike perfume-y smells.
Same here. And it's not just that I don't like the smells of chemical-based fragrances, it's also because of the extreme health hazards associated with the chemicals. Anything we put against our skin, anything we breath that contains those chemicals is a huge risk.

I'm not going to list the numerous links on the internet, they're easy enough to find.

Last edited by katie45; 11-04-2017 at 07:42 AM..

Old 11-06-2017, 07:26 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,169 times
My perfume costs loads more than scent boosters for the wash. One bottle of Tom Ford fragrance could buy a LOT of scent booster....

Old 11-11-2017, 11:39 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If you think your clean laundry should smell like perfume, chances are you drank the kool aid. TV advertisements about scented products. Laundry should be clean and that's all--and those artificial perfumes are bad for the reasons noted in the posts above.

If you want perfume, dab a little tiny bit on yourself, not on your clothing.
Ditto - if you like scent, chances are you wear scent. If you wear scent, why do you want a clashing scent on your clothes? I don't get it.

I've lived in complexes with laundry rooms that vented to a corridor I walked down, and some of the laundry scents are truly puke-making.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:01 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
My perfume costs loads more than scent boosters for the wash. One bottle of Tom Ford fragrance could buy a LOT of scent booster....
lol thats what i was thinking!

Old 11-13-2017, 11:23 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,928 times
If you want to have your whole workplace smelling like perfume and your co-workers bitching about it behind your back, go right ahead. Let us know how it turns out. LOL

Old 11-14-2017, 06:12 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,132 times
If your clothes still stink, when washing put some baking soda and/or ammonia in with the detergent.

Why do you think your clothing should smell?
They should have no scent at all. Its the marketing you fell for.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:35 PM

4,184 posts, read 3,398,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
No, they will stain. Clothes shouldn't smell perfumey IMO - just CLEAN!
Amen. One of the most revolting things I can think of is perfumed clothing. Bleccchhhh.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:04 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,889,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Clothes shouldn't smell perfumey IMO - just CLEAN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Are your washed clothes still stinky??
Most of the scents are toxic. Why would you want to be exposed to those chemicals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Sure you can, but you shouldn't for the reasons mentioned above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Btw, those scent boosters (like the dryer sheets) are just full of nasty-ass chemicals. Stay away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If you think your clean laundry should smell like perfume, chances are you drank the kool aid. TV advertisements about scented products. Laundry should be clean and that's all--and those artificial perfumes are bad for the reasons noted in the posts above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Same here. And it's not just that I don't like the smells of chemical-based fragrances, it's also because of the extreme health hazards associated with the chemicals. Anything we put against our skin, anything we breath that contains those chemicals is a huge risk.

I'm not going to list the numerous links on the internet, they're easy enough to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I've lived in complexes with laundry rooms that vented to a corridor I walked down, and some of the laundry scents are truly puke-making.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
If you want to have your whole workplace smelling like perfume and your co-workers bitching about it behind your back, go right ahead. Let us know how it turns out. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Why do you think your clothing should smell? They should have no scent at all. Its the marketing you fell for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Amen. One of the most revolting things I can think of is perfumed clothing. Bleccchhhh.
More rep points than I have given out in one thread in a long time. Maybe ever. If you didn't get one, it's because I'd already repped you recently in another thread.

Oh, and I find your user name profoundly ironic, OP.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:53 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,550,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

I'm thinking about just spraying my clothes (5-10 sprays) with my perfumes, after the wash and just before putting them in the dryer. Good idea?
Perfume products are treated as flammable liquids because they contain ethyl alcohol, which is a flammable substance. Flammable perfumes are marked with hazardous warnings on the labels. ... The flash point is the lowest temperature T which a substance's vapor is ignitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products