Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2006, 08:05 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times

Advertisements

Was I the only one out at the stores on Christmas Eve? Well, obviously not judging from the crowds I encountered . I started my Christmas shopping last night, finished around 2/3 of it in around two hours yesterday, and the rest this afternoon. I am always given a lot of grief and people saying in disbelief "You haven't started Christmas shopping yet?!" since I do the same thing most every year, but the thing is, I never find the experience to be THAT brutal. Yes stores are crowded and lines are long, but it's generally expected as opposed to random other weekends in December, where extra help is brought on and lines move quicker and store associates are willing and eager to help, there are decent sales and I've very rarely had any problems finding gifts that I needed to get being out of stock. I see people spending hours after hours, weekend after weekend from Thanksgiving onwards shopping, whereas I spent combined a total of four hours (including driving) buying all of my presents. Granted, this is heavily influenced as well by the way I shop and how many people I shop for, but still, I've just never found the experience to be all that bad.

So is there anyone else who ventured out today, or who normally does so? Why, and was it that bad of an experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2006, 11:05 PM

8 posts, read 7,573 times
Not today, but I did my shopping a few days ago in the mall around 9:30pm. Perfect low crowds, shopping was a breeze.

Old 12-25-2006, 07:49 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
All I had to do yesterday was do a grocery store run.

Old 12-25-2006, 08:05 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
All I had to do yesterday was do a grocery store run.
Me too. I went out at 11:30 in the morning. We have Blue Laws here, so most places are not open before 1:30. You can buy food & a very few other things. It was really weird to see the Wal Mart parking lot nearly empty at 11:30 on Christmas Eve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products