Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 03:41 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,163,599 times

Advertisements

I upgraded to the Samsung Glyde in September on the "New Every 2" deal Verizon offers. Pretty cool phone - qwerty keyboard, touchscreen, stylish - a neat little phone with all of the features I was looking for. Right? WRONG!! The thing is possessed. It calls people on its own when I'm not even in the room. It will suddenly switch from one screen to another in the middle of whatever I'm trying to do. I touch the icon for my messages, and it goes to my phonebook. The battery wears out in hours (probably because of all of the activity when its supposed to be on off). The durn thing just doesn't work! I take it back, Verizon downloads a new software fix. It still doesn't work. I try to live with it, but a month later I take it back again (and although I may not have the most exciting life, I still have better things to do than to run back and forth to the Verizon store on my days off). I demand a different phone, and all they will do is give me another Glyde.I am mad! They told me I have to exchange it for the same phone twice before I can try a different type. What a waste of my time! And I have been a good, loyal customer for years!

Anyone else have problems with this piece of crap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 01:57 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Well, I don't have a Glyde, but I do believe Verizon in general needs to be banned from the planet entirely. A few weeks ago, before we moved, I told them to switch my phone service in two weeks, which would have been 3/13. They shut it off the next day, (internet too), and we had no communication services for two weeks. Then, they act all surprised when I cancelled them completely. Really??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products