Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 09:07 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times

Advertisements

Its almost a year since I started vaping and look like the trend is hitting by a wild storm.

Forecast that by 2023, Reynolds could earn $5.2 billion in revenue from e-cigarettes and $3.1 billion from traditional ones. And it, Lorillard and Altria would all see about half their revenue from traditional cigarettes vanish by 2023.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 09:59 AM

1,193 posts, read 2,390,444 times
Big story today in New York Times on dangers of e-liquid.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/24/bu...rettes.html?hp

My personal bias: I have been vaping since January 2012 after a lifetime of smoking (I'm 50). It works for me. Nobody around me is bothered by it. And I'm not moronic enough to let toddlers go wandering through any stuff they shouldn't be; holding e-liquids up as especially toxic compared with, say, the Lysol under the kitchen sink, is really histrionic.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:04 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingouttahere View Post
Big story today in New York Times on dangers of e-liquid.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/24/bu...rettes.html?hp

My personal bias: I have been vaping since January 2012 after a lifetime of smoking (I'm 50). It works for me. Nobody around me is bothered by it. And I'm not moronic enough to let toddlers go wandering through any stuff they shouldn't be; holding e-liquids up as especially toxic compared with, say, the Lysol under the kitchen sink, is really histrionic.
It's all about the children don't you know, put what ever spin on what ever story they're trying to peddle to get the effect they want

Old 09-08-2014, 07:37 AM

RJR who recently acquired BLU and Mystic disposable the two leading disposable e cigarettes under their lobby group Reynolds America is trying to ban e-vapors.

Reason why e-liquids sales are booming while the disposable sales which company now has controlling market sales are stagnating.

Big 3 tobacco makers want FDA to ban vapor e-cigs - Winston-Salem Journal: Local Business

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-08-2014 at 08:17 AM..

Old 09-08-2014, 07:45 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
“We believe FDA should not allow such products to be sold or marketed,” Reynolds spokesman David Howard said in discussing the company’s submission. “We believe open-system vapor products create unique public health risks.

Pot, meet kettle. This has nothing to do with RJR's feigned concerns over public health, they want more control over the e-cig market and more money in their pockets, they couldn't give a flying rats behind about the public's health.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:17 AM

Exactly how I read it too. All these fears are just propaganda created by RJR who sales are lacking even with it recent recent acquistions.
They want to create a monopoly of e-cig since they waited so late to get in game. From my experience the disposable satisfaction has lot to be desired as mentioned in that article too.

The hypocrisy of them claiming health risks when in the 60's the Surgeon General declared the health risks of tobacco smoking but unfortunately decades later its still being manufactured.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:36 AM

62 posts, read 81,583 times
Ok, here's my story.

In March of 2013 I was diagnosed with emphysema after smoking for 30 years. No surprise there, but I also had a condition called Sarcoidosis which caused 2 large masses in my right lung. It was a case of "quit smoking or die". I went through a small fortune on smoking cessation products that had ugly side effects and zero success. My pulmonary doctor researched e-cigarettes and asked some of her patients try them. I bought my first one that day, and have not touched a real cigarette since. After 18 months of e-cigarette use, and only albuterol inhalation therapy, CT scans show that both masses in my lungs are gone, lung elasticity has improved and my stamina has improved.

I use only e-liquids made in the USA, I use the proper chargers for the brand of battery and have never had an explosion or fire.

I'm not crediting e-cigarettes for improving my health, or curing anything but they did help me stop using the cigarettes that were harming my lungs.

peep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products