Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

I have been with T-Mobile for 2 yrs now and my contract with my old V3 Razr will expire in 2 weeks. This gives me a chance to get another phone with them

I want something better, so naturally the My-Touch is my first choice

The problem is if I get a MyTouch and renw my contract the T-Mobile guy said I HAVE to get internet with it which is an extra $25, bringing my current plan (which will be renewed if I get the phone) to about $82 a month after taxes. I currently pay $55 a month after taxes which IMO is too much for 1000 minutes plus 400 texts (my friends, girls in particular INSIST I get unlimited). If

My mom wanted to make a deal with me that she would pay for our internet at home ($20 a month) if I wanted the My-Touch so it wouldn't cost me anymore money (If I accept my moms offer my expenses would increase $5 a month). I have a lot of bills already (Car payment, Car Insurance, Credit Cards, Gas, Food, Satellite TV, and current cell phone bill) My parents and I had an agreement that if I paid for Satellite tv, they wont charge me rent, Im 20 btw

Do you think getting the My-Touch is a good idea? I really want to get it but I'm not sure if it will really be worth it. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I have been with T-Mobile for 2 yrs now and my contract with my old V3 Razr will expire in 2 weeks. This gives me a chance to get another phone with them

I want something better, so naturally the My-Touch is my first choice

The problem is if I get a MyTouch and renw my contract the T-Mobile guy said I HAVE to get internet with it which is an extra $25, bringing my current plan (which will be renewed if I get the phone) to about $82 a month after taxes. I currently pay $55 a month after taxes which IMO is too much for 1000 minutes plus 400 texts (my friends, girls in particular INSIST I get unlimited). If

My mom wanted to make a deal with me that she would pay for our internet at home ($20 a month) if I wanted the My-Touch so it wouldn't cost me anymore money (If I accept my moms offer my expenses would increase $5 a month). I have a lot of bills already (Car payment, Car Insurance, Credit Cards, Gas, Food, Satellite TV, and current cell phone bill) My parents and I had an agreement that if I paid for Satellite tv, they wont charge me rent, Im 20 btw

Do you think getting the My-Touch is a good idea? I really want to get it but I'm not sure if it will really be worth it. What do you guys think?
Here's the thing.All companies will charge you for internet.You do have a choice though.If you buy this phone and it is too expensive,you can switch service to your old phone and eliminate the need for data(and the charge).Nowadays any high end phone like Blackberry's,Iphones,Palms, etc...all have unlimited data packages.Also check to see if you can trade the phone back within 30 days if you don't like it and get a different one maybe not so high end.I personally am a blackberry user and can't believe I ever lived with a phone that couldn't do this.Once you go to a web phone,it's hard to turn back.You really get spoiled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products