Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 07:26 PM

251 posts, read 880,731 times

Advertisements

I am interested in Sioux Falls and the surrounding area, are there any links yall could give me? im living in north ga right now but got like alot of friends out there in brookings and 1 family in sioux falls who say its great place. i am certainely interested in things i should know about it, does it have a home depot as i just got job with them im hoping i can transfer eventually and SF would def be on my list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 08:19 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,410,865 times
Redwhiteblack,
There is a Home Depot store in Sioux Falls...
I recommend checking out the Wikipedia article about Sioux Falls...It provides some good information...

Sioux Falls' population is just shy of 150,000... It doesn't have any really bad areas... The school system is great, the high schools are tops in the country...
It kinda has a small town feel, but yet is a decent size city...
Compared to other areas, we are open arms when it comes to accepting new people in the community

Just a few thoughts...but if you have any other questions, go ahead and ask!

Old 06-11-2008, 05:19 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,451,343 times
Sioux Falls, South Dakota (SD) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Hi Red. I'm glad you asked about links because I really need to check out this page, too. I had no idea that so many nice pics have been added to it. It's just a bit outdated and is a little more populated, but it'll give you a lot of the basic info.

Average Weather for Sioux Falls, SD - Temperature and Precipitation

The above link will tell you a bit more about the weather. It's not my idea of nice winters, but I'm the winter weather whiner so take it for what it's worth.

argusleader.com | Argus Leader | Sioux Falls news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Above is a link to the newspaper. It's the largest newspaper in our state and Sioux Falls is the largest city in our state. It's a nice and clean city. The Sioux River runs through it and they have Falls Park, which is my fave place in Sx. Falls.

The unemployment rate is hovering around 2.3% so finding employment shouldn't be a problem.

Our state also has a very low crime rate. If you can tolerate our winters and don't mind the fact that we have no huge cities, you'd like it here. As MJ said, if you have anymore questions, we'll try to answer them for you.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:30 AM

251 posts, read 880,731 times
Well the 2 places i am looking at is northeastern tn, and sioux falls area. the wife i am sure wants tn as her family lives in west va and mine live here in ga. hopefully i can make the trip out to brookings in october but its gonna cost me at least 1500$ thats for plane,car and hotel for 2 or 3 days. anyone know of a cheaper way to do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls