Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 07:46 PM

6 posts, read 14,596 times

Advertisements

I was looking for an estimate of average winter energy, water, garbage, natural gas (if applicable), sewer, etc. Trying to put together a conservative budget. I'm not sure if we'll be within the Sioux Falls city limits or in a close, surrounding town, so trying to give estimates may be difficult. For instance, I don't know how common it is to have natural gas vs electric only or where piped water ends and wells begin. ...... On the subject of housing, we want to rent a three bedroom house - this would be the kind of housing I was looking for estimates on. Any recommended resources for finding single family homes for rent? I appreciate any helpful input you can give. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 09:58 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
HI AP, you may want to check out the classifieds in the local paper~

argusleader.com | Argus Leader | Sioux Falls news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Sioux Falls, South Dakota

It's actually quite difficult to predict what your budget will be. A lot of it will depend on how energy efficient your house is or how long and cold the winter is. BUT I'll bet one of the members may be in a similar situation and will be able to give you a ballpark figure.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:38 PM

Thanks Jammie. I realize it is difficult to gauge what my expenses will be, so id like to hear from others what they are currently spending on things like electricity, water, sewer, garbage, natural gas, etc in a 3bd house. I'll take a look at the link you sent me. That is the best source we've found for renting a house. We want to find a house where there's at least a couple lots that seperate us from everyone else. We may just have take on an apartment lease until we find the kind of place I described. Thanks again!!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:04 PM

29 posts, read 83,054 times
Electric and gas for a 3 bd in the winter - Over $300.

garbage - ~$20-40.

Food is expensive here. Gas is too. so is smokes.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:21 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Most places should provide you with an estimate on utilities.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 AM

I don't have an address or even a town yet to check historical costs, so I'm thinking I must just be too ahead of myself. I've found a lot of town houses for rent, but am having difficult time figuring out what the neighborhood is like. A lot of them advertise crime free housing. Thanks for the input!!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:25 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Crime is not a big issue. Violent crime is even less frequent, and random crimes even rarer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls