Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:11 PM

433 posts, read 959,762 times

Advertisements

I'm seeking a rental in the Sioux Falls area and would like to place an ad in "Housing Wanted."
Other than Craigslist (I just posted there ), are there any other on-line publications that provide FREE advertising?

The thought of waiting to relocate to S.D. until next Spring/Summer depresses me, so I am proactively going for it.

I sure do need this forum's support.

Any suggestions you all can provide would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Last edited by 50something; 11-28-2009 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: Can't spell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 12:32 PM

819 posts, read 1,743,786 times
Just go for.I did 5 months ago. we endedup in a motel for a week then found my current place by just driving around town. dont worry it will work out Iam sure good luck.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:11 PM

Thanks Airboat for the encouragement.

I'M A BIG FAT CHICKEN, AREN'T I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airboat5 View Post
Just go for.I did 5 months ago. we endedup in a motel for a week then found my current place by just driving around town. dont worry it will work out Iam sure good luck.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:46 PM

93 posts, read 163,759 times
50something, you are definitely NOT a big, fat chicken! I admire your spunk and tenacity, and I wish you the very best in your search. I'll be right behind you in the early spring, so I'll be watching this thread with interest...

As you said before me: Sioux Falls or BUST!!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:12 PM

LOL, Well I'm not there yet, so I still might chicken out.

acorn lady, I wish you all the best too!

Debey, Thanks for your help with the free classifieds sources.

The challenge I'm facing is that no venue (craigslist, Kelo, etc.) has very many rental ads. What's the most popular? I tried the on-line newspaper (Argus Leader?), but I'm finding mostly apt complexes on there. The on-line Argus Leader connects you to apartments.com, and I want to see REAL ads from private landlords.

H E L P (PLEASE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn lady View Post
50something, you are definitely NOT a big, fat chicken! I admire your spunk and tenacity, and I wish you the very best in your search. I'll be right behind you in the early spring, so I'll be watching this thread with interest...

As you said before me: Sioux Falls or BUST!!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:31 PM

128 posts, read 282,175 times
You might need to subscribe to a couple of local newspapers, or at least the main one. I know some papers online don't give you all the classifieds unless you subscribe. Some also have reduced prices for subscribing just online.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:33 PM

Thanks L.Q.

Is the Argus Leader the main newspaper in SF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlequeenie View Post
You might need to subscribe to a couple of local newspapers, or at least the main one. I know some papers online don't give you all the classifieds unless you subscribe. Some also have reduced prices for subscribing just online.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:44 PM

128 posts, read 282,175 times
You have seen this haven't you?
http://www.siouxfalls.com/home.cfm (broken link)

Old 11-28-2009, 04:54 PM

Nope, haven't seen it yet. Thanks L.Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlequeenie View Post
You have seen this haven't you?
http://www.siouxfalls.com/home.cfm (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls