Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:01 PM

507 posts, read 879,018 times

Advertisements

Not my team ,who cares about this sissy sport-just hate corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 05:14 PM

364 posts, read 483,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCur View Post
who cares about this sissy sport
Many people you consider "manly".....oh, and you, since you have posted 5 times in this forum today.
Quote:
...just hate corruption.
What corruption? still waiting.........

Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 PM

615 posts, read 545,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
We have players from Hungary, Guadalope, Columbia, Jamacia, England, and many other countries on the Wizards and we sell out nearly every game and have a 175 million dollar stadium opening next June.

If the sport is so unfriendley for viewing then why is it the most popular sport on earth? Why is the WC the most watched thing on TV?
Who cares if it is the most watched sporting even on TV? Christianity is the worlds largest religion with well over 1.7 billion followers and I happen to think it is one of the worse religions out there. Basketball is more exciting and skilled sport then soccer, and they players are easier to relate to.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Are you serious? Do you watch American football? Hell you are from Philly and had TO on your team.

American football players are by far the most arrogant athletes on the planet. Anytime they do something on the field you would think they won the Championship. They celebrate like crazy for doing their job.

Soccer celebrations are low key and many players simply grab the ball out of the net and go back to the middle of the field for kickoff.
When a soccer player scores a goal he celebrates for 5 minutes, ruining the flow of the game. There are dozens of soccer players in Europe that act just like TO if not worse, we just don't hear about them here. Frank Ribbery is considered on of the better players in the world, and he was recently caught having sex with an underage prostitute. No one is more arrogant then soccer players, some even wear hair thingies so their hair doesn't get out of place!

Old 07-07-2010, 05:46 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
Quote:
Not my team ,who cares about this sissy sport-just hate corruption.
What the hell is your deal?? If you don't like the sport, then dont watch it! Guess what I do when an NFL game is on tv? I turn the channel. Thats right! I don't even get upset about it. I simply find something else to do or watch. It isnt rocket science.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
I think this may change in the future. The MLS is adding a couple more teams, or have recently anyway. And there are more and more Americans playing that ever, at higher levels. Not all of them can go to Europe.

But soccer is truly a global sport. Which for some parts of the country, where the globe ends at roughly red states... not good enough.
The MLS is basically unwatchable, it's so friggin boring. When you take the uniqueness of the World Cup away from soccer you're left with a mundane and tedious game, that is why it doesn't get TV ratings here. Soccer is a global sport because people who grow up where soccer is played are brainwashed into thinking its the greatest, the same with a person born into a particular country and their religious allegiance. I admit the World Cup is an awesome sporting event with all the rivalries, side stories, passion, etc. I friggin Love it! When you take that away and just have a regular soccer match between paid players you lose all that greatness that comes along with the World Cup and you're left with a boring game played by high price primadonnas.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:02 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Reasons why soccer is NOT popular in the US

Soccer players run tooooo damn much!
There is not enough violence in the game for the average american
We as americans like a sport that we can ACTUALLY think that we can play
Not enough room for inner city kids to play (if they would leave the house)
Not enough scoring/action
We did not invent it!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:06 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
Replace Chile or Colombia with Venezuela or the Dominican Republic, and you are referring to baseball.
Yeah, but we invented baseball. Many americans just lost interest in the game

Old 07-07-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
The MLS is basically unwatchable, it's so friggin boring. When you take the uniqueness of the World Cup away from soccer you're left with a mundane and tedious game, that is why it doesn't get TV ratings here. Soccer is a global sport because people who grow up where soccer is played are brainwashed into thinking its the greatest, the same with a person born into a particular country and their religious allegiance. I admit the World Cup is an awesome sporting event with all the rivalries, side stories, passion, etc. I friggin Love it! When you take that away and just have a regular soccer match between paid players you lose all that greatness that comes along with the World Cup and you're left with a boring game played by high price primadonnas.
The biggest, and most intense sporting rivalries in the world are found in international football. It doesn't end with the world cup.... Even MLS has intense rivalries, passion, and unique side stories.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Yeah, but we invented baseball. Many americans just lost interest in the game
Actually, the British invented baseball. It started out as a schoolyard game for little kids called "rounders" in the 1740's. It wasn't imported to the states until the mid 1800's where it was called "town ball".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer