Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:29 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
Barca were still passing it around you and were getting shots off. You had not had shot. Just admit you were outplayed like everyone saw and like most of the Arsenal fans have admitted.
Sure Arsenal was outplayed at the Nou Camp, but Barca was outplayed at the Emirates. Which was why the Gunners led 3-2 on aggregate when as Wenger said.. Busacca "killed the match"..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 01:32 PM

643 posts, read 1,123,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Sure Arsenal was outplayed at the Nou Camp, but Barca was outplayed at the Emirates. Which was why the Gunners led 3-2 on aggregate when as Wenger said.. Busacca "killed the match"..

I'm stopping this because it is completely irrelevant to the initial thread.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:18 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
My family are Chelsea fans. Our kids play competitive youth soccer, and developed their "favorites" over the past few years. Not personal heroes...as any pro athlete can let you down if you start assigning them role model status...but as people to admire when they're on the pitch.

Lampard, Gerrard, Drogba, Ballack, Kalou, Malouda, Cech, Terry, Torres, Reina. As you can see, many of the "favorites" are or were conveniently on the same team, so we began to catch all of their games, and the loyalty to the team started from there about a year ago. Now (even with them having blown the lead defending the title) they're still "our team"...although I must admit my favorite manager in the premier league is Kenny Dalglish.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:57 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
with 15 mins. to go if arsenal would've scored they would've won the tie, but everyone is acting like it was some kind of blowout. I don't understand it.

barca are the best possesion team on the planet and going a man down for a completely and utterly bogus reason in 54' was huge. Just that much more defending and chasing.

that referee was rediculous, he felt the need to interject himself into the match for some reason. I hope he never gets another CL game again.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:46 AM

44 posts, read 49,861 times
Quote:
Barca were not outplayed at Emirates. They were just unlucky to not turn their domination into goals. Busacca is one of the finest referee in Europe.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:50 AM

44 posts, read 49,861 times
Quote:
When he says supports i think he means he just follows them. sees their cores etc.

Being from America i doubt he would know all the history behind the clubs.

That is my problem with my fellow American supporters of Football clubs in Europe. If they decide to support/follow a European club, they should at least know about their history and rivalries.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:41 AM

643 posts, read 1,123,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
with 15 mins. to go if arsenal would've scored they would've won the tie, but everyone is acting like it was some kind of blowout. I don't understand it.

barca are the best possesion team on the planet and going a man down for a completely and utterly bogus reason in 54' was huge. Just that much more defending and chasing.

that referee was rediculous, he felt the need to interject himself into the match for some reason. I hope he never gets another CL game again.
No. You think you have seen a bad ref. No one will be able to beat Tom Henning Ovrebo in Chelsea v Barca

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLPRV-U6ds

Old 03-20-2011, 11:47 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
Quote:
No. You think you have seen a bad ref. No one will be able to beat Tom Henning Ovrebo in Chelsea v Barca

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLPRV-U6ds
yeah that was terrible officiating in that game, but that game goes to show you chelsea have the beating of barca, they are the the one team that can frustrate and out play barcelona

Old 03-20-2011, 04:05 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justarslan View Post
That is my problem with my fellow American supporters of Football clubs in Europe. If they decide to support/follow a European club, they should at least know about their history and rivalries.
This is a fair point but I don't think you can be militant about it. After all, you cannot expect a Yankee Juve fan to know or care about ALL their great players and titles in the age of radio.

That's like saying to kids in China and wherever that they aren't real Lakers fans unless they HATE Boston.

Appreciation of history comes with time. In the age of fantasy sports and celeb worship many people choose teams based off a certain player they like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer