Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,331,294 times

Advertisements

Best fans in the world? Put a vote in for:

Feyenoord Rotterdam

They have a cr@p team this year (and the last several) and yet 40,000-50,000 show up for each home match in a stadium that seats only 50,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
good fans wouldn't say they were the best in the world though

Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 AM

4 posts, read 4,785 times
If we're talkin fans then whoever can pack most tourists in their stadium if we're talking supporters then Balkans in Europe, otherwise South America tho it's somewhat different style so hard to judge

England is not what it was in 80s, if I was visiting I'd just go to FCUM or one of lower divisions, certainly not EPlol

I'm just glad that after years and years of fighting retarded MLS front offices in USA we're getting somewhere

Old 04-19-2011, 10:32 AM

just because the english don't have hundreds of people fighting in and around the stadium anymore like they did in the 80's doesn't mean they don't have good fans! teams like liverpool, newcaste etc have great fans, they have all seater stadiums and still have some of the best atmospheres around

Old 04-19-2011, 03:38 PM

4 posts, read 4,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
just because the english don't have hundreds of people fighting in and around the stadium anymore like they did in the 80's doesn't mean they don't have good fans! teams like liverpool, newcaste etc have great fans, they have all seater stadiums and still have some of the best atmospheres around
if you look above I said whoever is filling up stadiums best has best fans Supporters is something else, when you hike up prices, make it all seaters, etc you just kill it. English are best when on road outside England, that tells a lot.

How can something like this happen in national stadium against country whose whole population is 1/3 of London (none of them are sitting either, turns out if bunch of people stand you can't make them sit)

YouTube - engleska-hrvatska 2:3 navijanje hrvatskih navijaca

Same thing when our clubs visit (Arsenal and Spurs latest ones, 1000 people take over a stadium) they kick our ass on field but sound like noone's else is there in stadium.

Another good candidate would actually be Bundesliga, they get massive numbers, keep prices low and so also have good support.

As for fighting it goes on a lot, just not inside stadium anymore.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:05 PM

if you look at what i said, even though teams like for example liverpool, newcastle, rangers and cardiff have all seater stadia, they still have some of the noisiest and passionate fans, and if you go to or watch any of their home games on a champions league or derby match etc, the atmosphere is intense and are up there with the best fans, so imagine how even more insane the atmosphere would be if their was a standing stand for instance, put it this way even though ibrox is a all seater stadium, one stand with about 15,000 fans is jumping up and down for 90 minutes so like you say if the fans want to stand and sing they can do it, but the constant pestering from police and stewards who chuck people up for standing and singing etc is slowly started to drain the atmosphere and passion from british grounds and i think that is a real shame, because if you go to a match with no atmosphere, even if you win, you don't feel fulfilled enough, nowhere near as fulfilled as you would feel coming away from a game with a win and a sore voice from all the singing!

Old 04-19-2011, 06:20 PM

865 posts, read 2,502,155 times
World wide I'm not qualified to say, but for the MLS it is the Portland Timbers, hands down!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:57 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,972,064 times
Worldwide I still think England is at the top (despite the all-seater stadiums and the high ticket prices), with Argentina as a second.

The Balkan fans are also quite impressive at times, but I have the impression that they only launch out about inter-European games.

Here in Belgium, Standard de Liège has a fierce atmosphere.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:02 AM

643 posts, read 1,122,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roneb View Post
World wide I'm not qualified to say, but for the MLS it is the Portland Timbers, hands down!

Portland have good fans, a bit strange it has to be said with the chainsaw part.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:09 PM

221 posts, read 656,487 times
Also japanese fans seem quite good judging from this

YouTube - We Are Diamonds - urawa reds Supporters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer