Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 05:41 AM

2 posts, read 1,852 times

Advertisements

Hello ! I would like to know what you think about this french team, the PSG.
They're first of Ligue 1, and fought Bayer Leverkusen 4-0 in quarter finals of the UEFA Champion's League.

Do you think they can win ?
Do you like this team ? Yes ? Why ? No ? Why ?

Thanks you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 09:40 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
What I would like to know is why has a city the size of Paris only got one team? And if they only have one team why haven't they got a bigger stadium?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 1,852 times
They got Paris FC, in Division 3 and the Racing Club of Paris in Division 6. Nobody invested in these clubs, so they won't grow and will stay in these bad divisions.

The Parc des Princes is an old stadium, built a long time ago (1897) and was renovated in 1972. I would like to know too why the stadium isn't bigger, it easily needs 30 000 more places... Will ask to french friends.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:15 PM

5,486 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerismylife View Post
Hello ! I would like to know what you think about this french team, the PSG.
They're first of Ligue 1, and fought Bayer Leverkusen 4-0 in quarter finals of the UEFA Champion's League.

Do you think they can win ?
Do you like this team ? Yes ? Why ? No ? Why ?

Thanks you !
IMO they're the best team in the world not named Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund. Unfortunately for PSG all of those teams except City will still be alive in Champions League after this round (funny how I can say that with such confidence after only one leg--no close contests involving any of these teams).

Ibrahimovic has long been my favorite player in the world so I might be a little biased....

Old 02-27-2014, 07:53 PM

245 posts, read 298,478 times
A team that sold its history and culture for money

Old 02-28-2014, 01:38 AM

182 posts, read 195,263 times
Good points all around. The team seems to be better this season than last, which I questioned was possible with so much roster money invested in one position (Only 1 striker plays at a time).

While I agree with them being sell outs, the club was created in 1970 so not much history to begin with

I know I heard rumblings of financial issues last year but they seem to be doing fine now. This Champions Leage season they are right there with Barcelona. Only behind Bayern and Real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer