Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2007, 10:16 AM

14 posts, read 60,734 times

Advertisements

Could anyone help with advice on moving to SC/NC and what area may be best for me and my family? My main focus will be Architectural job market and low housing cost.

I am currently a Project Manager at an Architectural firm in Tampa but I just found out they are going out of business. Saint Petersburg Florida cost of living is out of control...taxes, insurance, housing etc.

Does anyone know the salary range for 13 years experience as an Architectural Job Captain (2 year degree), Architectural Draftsman?

I have a 16 year old daughter and want to move to a safe neighborhood with good schools. Family oriented communities are best for us. Low crime rate. Somewhere where I can let my teenage daughter walk to the local store without being harassed by grown men (unlike Florida). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I will also be looking to buy a home in the 130-140k range for 1400 min square feet. I would like a place with a decent sized fenced yard for our Yellow Lab. St. Pete average size is .13 acres. Way too small. All thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Country or town living is o.k.. I prefer country but daughter wants city.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 03:28 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
Given your criteria, you should do well in either the Upstate or the Midlands. I recommend checking into the booming Greenville metropolitan area, which has lots of great architectural firms with beautiful award-winning work all over the region.

More Information from AIA South Carolina

Old 06-04-2022, 10:29 AM

14 posts, read 60,734 times
I just saw this old post. I should have taken the advice about Greenville, SC back in 07.

I just moved here 6 months ago and the housing is way expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: