Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:20 PM

59 posts, read 255,287 times

Advertisements

What can anyone tell us about the Broadway Lake area just outside of Anderson . Is it a good & decent area to buy lake property .. Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,913 times
Thumbs up Property on Broadway Lake

Greetings,
I don't live on Broadway Lake myself, but I am the writer of a column about it for Lakeside News. As such, I have done, and continue to do, research into history and current activities around the lake.
In my estimation, Broadway Lake is a good place to consider for a home purchase. They have an active HOA, and another group called Friends of Broadway Lake also promotes the area, so property values continue to rise, making it a good investment, especially now in this depressed housing market.
If you enjoy lake activities, and have anything smaller than a yacht, or slower than an Unlimited Hydroplane, I think you'll find Broadway Lake ideal.

Pete

Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 PM

26 posts, read 75,850 times
Hey I was googling Broadway lake and found this post. Do you have pictures or a link about Broadway Lake I can use? I will give you credit. I am trying to put together a website for a New Subdivision on Broadway

Old 02-01-2008, 06:08 AM

There is a website "Friends of Broadway Lake" lots of good stuff on it & a great place to live . There are presently several lots available that are water front lots starting at $40K.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:51 AM

So whats this about a new Sub=Division of houses on Broadway Lake ?? Where & how soon will they start building them . It is a great area , close to Anderson without all the crowds of the huge lakes & it has some privacy. Great idea..

Old 02-02-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdef View Post
So whats this about a new Sub=Division of houses on Broadway Lake ?? Where & how soon will they start building them . It is a great area , close to Anderson without all the crowds of the huge lakes & it has some privacy. Great idea..
It is another part of Linkside. It is called Pine Lake Estates. The sign is not up yet but the lots are .58 of an acre and it is right off of Lakeside Drive. That is a great small lake to live on, I greww up swimmimg in that lake and still take my granddaughter. It is not muddy like Hartwell is when the lake is so far down. Broadway only goes down to let you repair docks what once every 3 years in the fall?

Old 02-02-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdef View Post
There is a website "Friends of Broadway Lake" lots of good stuff on it & a great place to live . There are presently several lots available that are water front lots starting at $40K.
Do you have a link for the website I googled it but didn`t see it.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,789 times
the website is broadwaylake.org. There is also a facebook page. Look for "Friends of Broadway Lake". Just FYI: The level is lowered every 2 years, approximately. It is decided on a year by year basis. It is lowered about 5 feet which gives some people a beach and others, not. It's only muddy for a day or two after a big rain storm. The real estate developments are not on the lake, but are very nearby (just up the road). However, I've heard the sales pitch doesn't match reality - new clubhouse and stuff at the golf course, landscaping, ect. Nothing has happened at the golf course since the houses started going up. But, the houses are nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina