Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

Can someone direct me to the right resource for finding an attorney to handle a speeding ticket issued in Jasper County?

I don't know whether to pay the ticket or get an attorney as it appears the violation is reported to NC (where we live) when it occurs in SC.

My son was driving us all to Florida and got this ticket so I am trying to help him figure out whether he should just pay it or he should contact an attorney. My son has not had a ticket in 7 years so we are wondering if an attorney would be the way to go.

Thank you for any assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 09:45 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
I am sorry I can't help you ... that is boonies other than Hilton Head you almost made it into Georgia. The ticket will be reported to NC on his license. Depending on the speed over 10 MPH or under 10 I think SC and NC charge the same points on the license.

We have found securing an attorney usually costs but they are able to get the points reduced. That is our main concern because the insurance companies will bite you in the rear for 3 years or more.

The Jasper County Chamber of Commerce has a few lawyers listed. Surely there is a board member in that area that knows a good attorney.

Jasper County Chamber of Commerce - South Carolina

Old 02-29-2012, 07:23 PM

155 posts, read 266,188 times
Speeding ticket...Ridgeland...driving to Florida...

Sounds like someone went under a certain bridge with cameras.

After a quick search I found this:
Ridgeland I-95 Speed Trap Aimed at Safety or Highway Robbery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina